Faulty Open Sky

My sunroof will close on the RH side only and I have been quoted £2300+ Vat + any additional labour for repairing it by the local dealer. As I have repaired a BMW sunroof a couple of years ago I intend to sort this one out myself. Does anyone have any experience of the Audi A2 Workshop Manual in CD form? Also, I have seen a workshop guide in German which explains the repair work - does anyone know where I can obtain this in English.
My car is a TDi SE - the car is wonderful, but what a pity the agents are so useless!

Think you might need a speacial jig that only main dealers have if your planing on stripping it down and rebuilding it. Do a search for open sky and see what other members have tryed

trendylife said:
My sunroof will close on the RH side only and I have been quoted £2300+ Vat + any additional labour for repairing it by the local dealer. As I have repaired a BMW sunroof a couple of years ago I intend to sort this one out myself. Does anyone have any experience of the Audi A2 Workshop Manual in CD form? Also, I have seen a workshop guide in German which explains the repair work - does anyone know where I can obtain this in English.
My car is a TDi SE - the car is wonderful, but what a pity the agents are so useless!
Hello Trendylife,

I have a pretty extensive knowledge of the Audi workshop manual (ELSAWin) for the A2 and can point you in the right direction if you like.

Alex is correct though, there is a special alignment jig that is so expensive that even dealers tend to share it between them!

You can always try for nothing though.

Cheers,

Mike

Hi trendylife

If you have not already seen the previous posts on Opensky problems, check out the attached link. As you will read, Heather's car is about to have the 'fix' carried out by hear dealer. (I think this is the stiffener bracket shown in the German repair procedure)
http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3983&highlight=open
If this does not work Audi may contribute to a replacement roof as a goodwill gesture. I think this involves replacing the cassette frame which houses the workings and re-using all the glass panels.
At one point, Heather was going to get her dad to translate the document so she may even have an English version of the repair procedure.

Cheers Spike

Hi, Sorry to hear of yet more open sky problems. It really is such a bad design.
I took the car in this morning and they start work on it on Monday.
When i picked the car up from its service recently they showed me at Derby Audi the exact same copy of the modification in English. When we asked for a copy(as i have the German one) they said i couldnt have it as it was against some sort of regulation or other!!

I have the courtesy car (a very nice A4) for a week, so it looks like a fairly big job.
Think you would be brave to try it yourself Trendylife!

Will let you know more info as i have it,
Heather.

Back