Fitting brake pads

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

g1ant

My dealer wants £128 to fit new pads. I can buy the pads for £10.00

Anyone fitted pads themselves?

Alex.

I would not have expected them to be any different to any other car,i.e have a good look at them and see if there is anything you don't understand. Are they different? If you save £118 it's worth a go always with the proviso that A) you do understand, and B) the pads are of a reputable make and approved for the car. My neighbour gets his pads for the Mitsubishi Shogun for about a quarter of retail 'cos his brother works in the distributors, so big savings are possible.
After all that, no I have not fitted A2 pads, but lots of others and I only had one problem. I fitted EBC pads (to the Alpine) from a factor, they got the disc red hot and did not even slow the car down, the EBC book confirmed they were the right ones. After an argument with the seller, I took him for a ride, there was no problem with a refund after that. Except for his brown trousers. So, GET GOOD PADS.

I removed the pads at 20,000 miles for inspection and cleaning. This was fairly straight-forward but you do need a 7mm allen key. The pads looked good for another 20,000 miles but the discs were quite worn and will definitely need replacing when the pads are changed.
Good news is that the discs are very easy to remove.
Take note of the advice above - I don't think you could get quality pads for £10. I used Pagid pads on my previous Audi 90 and they were excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back