Fitting Guide For Headlight And Side Light Bulbs

adam7157

Can anyone help me please i have got a set of osram 50 pluses and a set of new side light bulbs on the way to me and just wondered if there are any guides for fitting these babys.Thanks in advance you lovely people.:D

I think there was a fitting guide at one point, but haven't come across it in a while.

Anyhow, the easiest way is to release the headlamp shell from the car (unless you have the hands of a gynaecologist!) and to do this, firstly take off the bonnet and lay it to one side.

Next, remove the two torx screws, one on top of the headlamp, the other nestled in between it and the radiator area (think it's T27 from memory) and then slide the shell forwards - it's not necessary to unplug the wiring.

Then, release the wire clip holding the back cover in place and you can then get into the bulbs, which are the same as every other car to change, apart from the sidelight, which sits in a black plastic holder. This pulls straight back out - don't bend it or it'll snap.

Assembly is the reverse of removal!

Cheers,

Mike

Skipton01 said:
Ahh, that's where it went - cheers Darren.

Mike

PS. - Bit chilly out isn't it?!

Cccooldd… I should say so, (the retro-fit heated mirror glass is a blessing though); I guess I haven’t plugged the weather for a while have I??

Well, at an educated stab in the dark, I would forecast much more of the same for the majority of the week. (I know, I know, I will be doing fortunes next!!):D

Had read the guide and dug out a Torx 30 bit and discovered that the previous owner has managed to mangle the head of one of the screws.

Anyone know if these can be got anywhere? Are they a standard thread?

Cheers

glock17

if you go to the main dealer they will have the right ones for the job somtimes it is better geting them from dealer as they will be right length and thread size they are not normally that expensive

cheers
Robin

Back