fitting S6 daytime running led lights?

manhattan$

Past Member
Hi guys.

I really like the look of the daytime running led strips on the front of the new audi S6. http://cars.uk.msn.com/Photo_Galler...lery-photo-number=9&dub-gallery-page-number=1 and http://cars.about.com/od/audi/ig/2007-Audi-S6.--6l/2007-Audi-S6-DRL-LEDs.htm
I would like to get hold of a set, to try and somehow fit them in the front near to where the standard A2 fogs go and directly underneath the headlights, i have no standard fogs on my car.

Any idea where i could purchase these from? and would it likely to be a big job wiring these into the electrics?

cheers,
Paul.

Last edited:
actually on checking,it looks like it may not be possible due to the headlight positioning. i dont think it would look right if they can not be fitted directly underneath the lamps.

oh well.......

yeah i think those strips look really cool and was thinking about doing something similar. i'll take a trip down to maplins and have a gander.

Well, as you would expect, I've got a pair and have been looking at ways to incorporate them into the front of Tank - it's not going to be easy as the A6 and the A2 have very different profiles.

I'll keep on trying though!

Cheers,

Mike

ULP said:
Hmmmm, I'm going to be shot down I suspect but these Daytime running lights will be the next must Chav(e) accessory appearing on a Coarse or Fester anytime soon.

:)

your probably right!
but i still think they would look quality if they could be made to look like they were actually meant to be there, instead of stuck on with some chavy masking tape, lol.

Saw an S6 under daylight fog a while ago, those lights look soooo cool! It completes the futuristic rear LED lights on the A6 Avant! I throught about fitting some white LED at the lower chrome area of the front light box for that look, but I doubt I can make it look the part.

On a slightly different note, I rather fancy the old TT's single strip turn indicator inside the front lamp assembly! I think it would suit the A2. Mike, any change you're working on that while you're retro fitting a TT HID? Are you fitting just the self-leveling motor or the whole projector lense?

Hi guys,

The work on the self-levelling and TT HID retro-fit has come to a bit of an impass recently.

The two headlamps are of basically the same shape, but the TT design is far larger than the A2 and so the internals will not physically go into the A2 shell, even with modification.

Cheers,

Mike

Back