Flasher Unit - Common Problem?

Wibber

I've got the problem of irregular and inconsistent indicators, which I know is the relay, thanks to this forum, and I should be fitting a new one tomorrow.

However, it has amazed me how many owners on this forum have had the problem!

Is it really as common a problem as it looks? After I have repaired my flasher unit tomorrow, can I fear the relay failing again sometime in the near/distant future, or has the part been modified since original assembly???

Not looking forward to having to keep forking out £24 and fitting a new relay at regular intervals. Should I buy two and keep one as a spare int he glove box??? :)

There is only 1 part number listed for the relay (8Z0 941 509B - £24.63), although Audi does differentiate between pre-2002 and post-2002 models. Even so, the same part number is used!!

There is a 'C' part, but this is listed as only for vehicles with towing facilities fitted.

Bear in mind that the vast majority of members here have not had indicator relay faults and although it is one of the more usual problems, it is by no means one that would necessitate you carrying a spare around with you!

Cheers,

Mike

i had to change this on the skoda octavia vrs

It will have been a different part though - 8Z part numbers refer to A2-only bits.

That doesn't meanto say though that there could have been a bad batch of relays, caused by one or more dodgy internal components.

Cheers,

MIke

Hi Guys,

I have just changed the relay on ours.

Glasgow Audi had two in stock, and delivered one (in a van!) for free to a chums garage just along the road from me....... and gave 15% discount for a trade sale!

Made it a couple of quid cheaper than the VagParts price, once I had included their P&P.... and I had it same day. VP wanted four days to bring it into stock, plus the time for posting it out.........

ScotAlan

Back