Fog Light Wiring Help

A2SPORT

Hey all

Thinking of fitting a set of fog lights to the a2 and know the dash board needs taking apart to connect the wiring and such. So am thinking is there any way of connecting the fog light wiring to the head lamps if so can someone guide me?

Cheers,

A2SPORT

No - the power drain would be too much for the wiring loom and you'd wreck it.

You'll need the kit of parts that VagParts do, which has the lights, shrouds, new switch and relay.

Cheers,

Mike

You can use every Car Hifi speaker cable in 1,5- 2,5mm²/(each lamp, so 2,5mm² for both is ok) if you want or have some stored.

Wiring

You'll need the kit of parts that VagParts do, which has the lights, shrouds, new switch and relay.

Cheers,

Mike

Hey there Mike

Have you any picture diagrams to show how the fog light wiring is connected?

Cheers,

A2SPORT

Here you go:

Fogs02.jpg

and

Fogs01.jpg

The important bits are J59, which is a relay and goes bottom right near the fusebox and T10g which is a grey 10-pin connector at the bottom of the nearside A pillar. As you can see, the 2 feed wires go to pin 5 in this connector, then on to pin 8 at the lighting switch (you'll need a new one of these by the way, as pin 8 isn't there on non-fog equipped cars).

The wiring then goes to SB35, which is fuse 35 (15A) and on to the relay, which is fed from the battery (shown as A) and controlled by the ignition switch (shown as D).

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Mike

wiring kit

Cheers,

Mike

Hey there a2oc

Am looking for a fog light wiring kit and can’t seem to find it on VAG-Parts website.
Can someone point me in the right direction?

Cheers,

A2Sport

Help

Correct - that's because there isn;t a separate loom. On cars where the fogs are factory fitted, the wiring is a part of the general lighting loom and this ain't cheap! There's only two wires per light anyway, 1 earth and the other the power feed.

Cheers,

Mike

Hey Mike

Thanks for the info. Can I make a custom loom? If so what type of cable/connecters should I use?:confused:

Cheers,

A2sport

There's no choice BUT to make a custom loom.

Wire should be minimum 1mm square cross-section and the connector at the light end is a special Audi connector, about £3 each (so that'll be £6 then!).

Cheers,

Mike

Thank you

Hey all

After much research and up on investigating the duality of my situation.
I think I will leave to my local auto electricians that quoted me £70 for labour and Wiring/loom/relay.
Will keep you posted.:rolleyes:

Thank you all for the information I required!

Cheers,

A2sport

Back