Fog Lights

Lee S

Just been to the local Stealer to get a new OSF fog light after having it smashed this winter (probably my fault for going too fast past the gritters - Doh!!). He looked up the part on the system and gave me part number 8Z0 941 700 which I think is correct and then hit me with the price !!! £83.19 !!! I quickly declined his offer to "order me one in for tomorrow sir?" and said I would have a think about it.

Is there ANYWHERE to get one of these little tiny torch-sized reflector and lens assemblies for less than that disgusting price? I have found some OEM/pattern parts on Eurocarparts.co.uk for £33.95 + VAT which is £39. Less than half the Audi asking price. Is this the best it gets? Anywhere else I can try? Anyone got one spare they want to sell?

Cheers,

Lee

Failing that suggestion from Phil, our new parts partner may well be able to supply the unit for around £63, plus postage.

Cheers,

Mike

Thanks Guys.

Mike, thanks. That is a considerable saving from the original Stealer price, but IMHO it is still daylight robbery for such a small, non-complex, insignificant part, and still quite a bit more expensive than the Eurocarparts item. I may well be wasting my money buying pattern parts, but how bad could it be? Its ony a reflector, glass lens and plastic body... Surely it can't be that different from an original part? :rolleyes:

I think I will wait for a couple more weeks and see if anything turns up on ePay. If not I will order this part and see what it's like. Even if it doesnt match the original it would be £20 cheaper to buy both pattern parts than a single Audi part. Outrageous frankly.

I can't be wasting £85 on a foglight when it needs to go toward more important things like an intercooler, cam belt change, remap, cruise mod, etc etc.... :D

Thanks for the suggestions anyway,

Regards,

Lee

Last edited:
You could but 2 Plastic blanking plates from a sport model, I think there quite cheap. The fog lights seem a bit useless, IMHO.

Or how about a mod, fabricate some LED style spots.

Get one 2nd hand off a wrecked A2 - there are 3 A2s up for breaking parts on Ebay at the moment?

Or try "4 Ring Spares" - I've used them in the past - they can source 2nd hand and re-conditioned Audi parts quite cost-effectively.

Thanks Dan.

Have just emailed 4 Ring Spares now. Let's see what they have. I didn't see the breaking ones on eBay either. I will check them out too.

Cheers,

Lee

Back