Front bumper/ Undertray screws?

pdiddy

My front bumper is hanging down underneath the car, I have also damaged the undertray. I`ve managed to loose all 3 of the screws/bolts which hold the tray and front bumper together.

What size screws/bolts do I need? and how much is a new undertray?

I`ve installed some gaffer tape as a temporary solution, but this is obviously not a long term solution. Car is due a service shortly so will hopefully get the repair done at the same time.

My front bumper is hanging down underneath the car, I have also damaged the undertray. I`ve managed to loose all 3 of the screws/bolts which hold the tray and front bumper together.

What size screws/bolts do I need? and how much is a new undertray?

I've installed some gaffer tape as a temporary solution, but this is obviously not a long term solution. Car is due a service shortly so will hopefully get the repair done at the same time.

The engine tray is held in place with a number of torx screws. Think there must be at least 14 of the bleed'n things. Can the engine tray not be repaired? Doesn't matter if it's not pretty - afterall it's an engine tray. I'd try and fix with some blind rivets before looking at replacing. Knowing Audi, it won't be cheap.

the screws are something like 4 x 20 in tx25. A new undertray is around €40 IIRC - it's not *that* expensive, but it's not cheap, either.

Bret

EDIT: 8z0 825 235F or e, depending, and the German price is €93,89. (!!)

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies.

I`ll take it to a bodyshop to see if anything can be done. It`s only the 3 screws that attach to the front bumper that are missing. The undertray is damaged in the middle where it would normally be screwed to the bumper.

From what i`ve read on the undertray, it is made from brittle plastic which can`t be repaired. It may be possible to rivet another bit of plastic where the missing piece is though.

Back