Fuel gate won't open!

hminjx

The fuel gate won't open any more! Can anyone help me with this?

It seems that both switches on the driver's door frame do not work (one is to open the fuel gate, and the other to turn off the alarm). So, I suppose it may be just a fuse blown, but I couldn't figure out the fuse number for these switches. (not specifically listed in the manual!)

I hope someone could help me with this. Thanks!

There is a manual release, behind the cover in the boot (see manual for details).

It is possible that the switch has broken or the motor that operates the release has gone. Neither is an expensive fix, but the motor replacement requires the boot trim to be removed.

A further possibility is that the central convenience unit is on it's way out - more likely if you have other issues, such as randomly working interior lights or alarm.

Cheers,

Mike

Thanks!

I've managed to find the manual release! Also, it's good to know that it won't cost a fortune to fix it.

Cheers!!

Have you tried taking the button apart.

I was cleaning the car and mine had been broken for some months, so today put something behind and had a look. Just the top cover button (not the whole unit) and I noticed the little white plastic clip just wasnt pressing hard enough. If you pressed it, the unit worked.

Put some blue tac and cardboard on the white plastic clip and put the cap button back on now all my buttons work. My other button it fell off about 6 months ago and I lost the spring so I used a spring out of a pen and it fits fine and works for once.

It is so good not having to mess in the boot everytime you have to fill up!

But I do need two new buttons, the whole unit kind of thing.. mike do you have the numbers and rough price:

I need one fuel button and one interior monitor button

The pressy cap (button)
The spring and white plastic clip. How much are those?

OR whole unit if you have to buy it that way, im guessing its not too hard to fit these, is there just one cable behind the button (does it just push in)?

Thanks

There is one more thing to check (this was mine experience).
Same thing happened, but found out that didn't work the first time
I wanted to fill in on petrol station. (very first drive)
Turned out that driver's door don't give a signal when it's open.
So check out if that's the case.
Dealer changed the whole lock unit, but it's just one micro switch,
which can be changed.

Cheers

Back