Fuel protests

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was concerned at the fuel protests, last time my hospital consultants were in trouble and operations were cancelled. All my chemo nurses drive in from many miles out in the wilds of Essex. Very worrying.

I am waiting for the beer protests, if petrol is likely to cost £5 per gallon , and beer costs £24 to £30 per gallon, I suppose they will be blockading pubs.

And how much is my printer ink(Epson) per gallon? Any one like to work it out? Who do we blockade for that?Dixons?

For the sake of the environment I'd like to see prices rise, then maybe more people would buy cars as effecient as ours.

2004 1.4 TDi (90) SE, Cobalt Blue, Climate control, Cruise control, DIS, Sport seats, Winter pack, Symphony II.

quote:Originally posted by Will

For the sake of the environment I'd like to see prices rise, then maybe more people would buy cars as effecient as ours.

2004 1.4 TDi (90) SE, Cobalt Blue, Climate control, Cruise control, DIS, Sport seats, Winter pack, Symphony II.

eh?

Steady On !!!

Dolphin Grey 1.4 petrol c/w OpenSky

The more the fuel costs, the less likely people are to buy gas-guzzling 4x4's and more likely to buy smaller fuel effecient cars, for example the A2. I'm just saying I think the fuel protestors have got it wrong. I'm not of course wanting hospitals to be disrupted for Richard.

quote:Originally posted by Will

He he he ha ha!

2.0 Auto Avensis. Need my own refinery.

Seriously, you have a good point though, only jesting. It's these 4x4 Twigs that need taking off the road eh Kaine?

Steve - A couple of A2's, then a Corolla, now an Avensis T3-X 2.0 Auto

quote:Originally posted by hollyrescue

I was concerned at the fuel protests, last time my hospital consultants were in trouble and operations were cancelled. All my chemo nurses drive in from many miles out in the wilds of Essex. Very worrying.

I am waiting for the beer protests, if petrol is likely to cost £5 per gallon , and beer costs £24 to £30 per gallon, I suppose they will be blockading pubs.

And how much is my printer ink(Epson) per gallon? Any one like to work it out? Who do we blockade for that?Dixons?

Someone said that in Norwich there was a run on petrol yesterday-don't know why as most stuff round here is on red diesel.

Anyway, the army has stockpiles and it's own distribution network, and as a Special copper, along with nurses and the firemen we'd be fine.....cough cough.

Ink? Most expensive liquid on the planet, after a pint of Guiness at the NEX Hilton-£3.80! How can they sleep at night? Mines a pint of Epson Cyan please.....

Steve - A couple of A2's, then a Corolla, now an Avensis T3-X 2.0 Auto

Will,

In all seriousness, it makes no difference when you really fancy a change. I had an A2 for 3.5 years - was superb - the best bit being the fuel economy. Personally I just wanted something big - the A2 is not all the Tardis it is cracked up to be. I do understand your comments, however there are very few people in this world you are completely eco friendly - it just happens that in this is the time to pick on cars.

Kaine

quote:Originally posted by Kaine

Will,

In all seriousness, it makes no difference when you really fancy a change. I had an A2 for 3.5 years - was superb - the best bit being the fuel economy. Personally I just wanted something big - the A2 is not all the Tardis it is cracked up to be. I do understand your comments, however there are very few people in this world you are completely eco friendly - it just happens that in this is the time to pick on cars.

Kaine

:)

You're right Kaine. It's not only cars that cause pollution and I'm certainly a long way of being entirely green. If I was, I wouldn't be driving 90 miles to get to work each day. :(

"And how much is my printer ink(Epson) per gallon? Any one like to work it out? Who do we blockade for that?Dixons?"

Richard

I don't buy printer cartridges anymore - bought my son a perfectly acceptable Lexmark printer for £29.99 six months ago and the kid in PC world tried to sell me spare cartridges (black and colour) which cost more than the printer! Cartidges ran out two weeks ago and printer got replaced - unfortunately they have gone up to £34 but may as well replace the whole thing as cartidges are £32.

Gues what I will do when the colour cartidge in our HP runs out - a replacement is £29.99!

What a crazy world when printers become consumables!

Ian

1.4 Petrol Special Edition, Ebony Black, grey leather, heated seats, climate, opensky, five spoke alloys for SWMBO (Replaced a 2002 1.4 Petrol SE) Honda Accord Tourer 2.2 iCDTi for me.

quote:Originally posted by ianjohnsonws14

What a crazy world when printers become consumables!

Is this what owners of City Rovers do when it runs out of petrol! ;)

Er Wiils look at geological history, then man's effect,
then .................................................

Although the points on eco friendliness are well noted, are we not forgetting that it is not that fuel is expensive, but that our government hit it with so much tax. Fuel is still a cheap commodity but the tax is high in the UK and in some parts of Europe.

When the US buys fuel, do they not buy it from the same multi-national fuel giants as us and if they do, how can they sell it so cheap when their consumers appear to consume so much of it.

I don't know what the answers are, as I feel the UK is a nation of Rip Off Merchants, and as I travel around the planet, I am convinced that I do not get value for money in this country. The fact that everybody is ripping off everybody else doesn't make me feel any better.

Personally I would privatised the government and then watch it flop on the stock exchange as there is no one party that is ever going to have MPs that are poor enough to really worry about how their policies affect the voters, especially those polices that really affect the eco status quo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back