Funny brake warning

Naz2k5

Hey guys a fault just came up on my a2, basically the yellow abs light comes on, on the dials and then ther is a loud beep followed by an exclamation mark on the display, any idea what could be causing this?

On other Audis I've owned that meant a hydraulic fluid problem - could be your brake fluid level is low?

According to the handbook that is an ABS failure.

Could be just a faulty sensor I guess, but you should get it checked out.

Cheers,

Darren

similar problem. loud beeps, exclamation marks. steering symbol, abs light on the RHS and a triangle with cirlce around it light on the LHS ....all on the dash.

took it to audi. almost £300 to replace a part. This part is inside the steering wheel, weighs about 4-500g, is black and it has a circular moving part in the middle of it.

Sonny that's the "steering angle position" sensor - did they attempt to clean that before charging you the full whack? I seem to remember posting about that a while ago although can't find it with search.

yeah i found your old post. in your old post and similar one's on the subject, yourself , skipton and others i think mention airbags and sensitive environments and so on....my dad is good with tools/wiring etc. i think he worked for ford in the 70's. but, i dunno if its safe for him to mess about with a job like this.

it was a friend of a friend - not sure if we got decent discount. I think total price was £260-270

he didnt mention anything about cleaning it. they did it about a month ago and basically replace it. dad kept the old part, so we still got it.

yeah, what you say sounds like the part. i have the receipt if anyone wants to no more.

That's the one - we don't know if the problem got resolved by looking again at that thread.

Back