Funny noise from the back end

alainlevy

This is real, it happened to me today.

Just arrived in Montpellier this afternoon, after a 4 day / 2800 km trip that took me from Switzerland to Berlin and back, then to south of France.

I was relieved the car had behaved so well, and started to unload my bags on the pavement. I then noticed there was a buzzing noise coming from the back / underneath the car, a bit like the hydraulic pump that klicks in for 20 seconds in the morning, just less loud, more muffled, but it would not stop. I waited for a minute, restarted / stopped the engine, but the noise was still there. I waited a bit more. Looked under the car to see what I could find, but there was nothing to be seen. Just this funny noise that would not stop. I was worried it would drain the battery quickly, but as I needed a bathroom, I decided to leave it for this minute and to get back to it a bit later. I locked the car, picked up my bags and walked away.

That's when I realized the noise was still there and was following me. :eek:

When unloading my backpack, I probably knocked it and it switched on my electric toothbrush which was vibrating away in my toiletry bag inside the backpak.

And no, it was not a sex toy, just an electric toothbrush. And yes, it is a true story.

No comment...

Haha :) That's awesome. I will get an electric toothbrush! So I can blame it for all the squeaks and crickets that are coming from my car. :D

Back