Glove box light

the grim reeper

A2OC Donor
Well been out and doing some bits on the car that i've been putting off

Noticed the glove box light doesn't work so set to having a look and noticed that the switch has broken off (still got it) can this be glued back on? plus how does the switch work as when you look at it, i would presume that the lug (thats broken off) opens the contacts thus turning the light off, so with the lug broken the contacts can touch turning the light on which would make the light on all the time :confused:,

Does the light only work when the ignitions on or when the lights are on ????, as this has never worked not sure how it works on the A2

Cheers Phil

Hi Phil
I repaired mine a while ago. I'm sure the design of the arm means the contacts are closed (light on) only when the lid is opened.
This is my old post - http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showpost.php?p=34341&postcount=6

Cheers Spike

Cheers Spike, i had a look at this and with the contacts open or closed no light. got 12v and checked bulb, tried it with ignition on, just lights and both still no light :confused:

Will have a go at glueing it and see what happens

Cheers Phil

Hi Phil
Just checked - my glovebox light works when the sidelights are on, with or without the ignition.

Cheers Spike

Phil, I have the same problem. I glued the latch back using some super strong bonding resin, I am sure you can try consume grade super glue. However, I also measured 12v, checked the bulb is fine but there is still no light. I haven't tried to fix it again but if you do fix it, I'll be interested to know the result too.

The black latch separates the silver contacts when the lid is closed, so no light.

When you open it, the contacts meet and light comes on.

As above the light will only function when the side lights are turned on.

John

Have you tried checking the mini blade fuse, for the glove box.

When i changed mine to LED i couldn't get it to work for the life of me, tested with multi meter etc and all seeemed correct for it to work.

Then looked up glovebox fuse and sure enough it had blown. Fixed that and hey presto it worked.

John

Have you tried checking the mini blade fuse, for the glove box.

When i changed mine to LED i couldn't get it to work for the life of me, tested with multi meter etc and all seeemed correct for it to work.

Then looked up glovebox fuse and sure enough it had blown. Fixed that and hey presto it worked.

John

But if the fuse has blown no 12v would be found at the contacts?

Phil

Back