glove box light

AlanA2

A2OC Donor
I noticed that my glovebox did not have a light fitted, and could feel the wires. So I took the glovebox out and found the wires.

Looking at the block and tracing wires back, it appears to go to another connector, with two shaped metal prongs coming from it, this was just hanging loose

......does anyone know where this should go, and are the prongs just to clip it somewhere?

Hi Alan
Not sure if they help but these are the only pics I can find which show any wiring

Cheers Spike

I noticed that my glovebox did not have a light fitted, and could feel the wires. So I took the glovebox out and found the wires.

Looking at the block and tracing wires back, it appears to go to another connector, with two shaped metal prongs coming from it, this was just hanging loose

......does anyone know where this should go, and are the prongs just to clip it somewhere?

It's hard to say without seeing it and I'mnot taking my glovebox apart to compare connectors! I will gladly have a look at a future social though, if there's time.

From memory, the prongs sound like the ones that normally are enclosed in a connector at the back of the glovebox. There is a plastic piece that slots in between them to actuate the light switch.

All A2s have a glovebox light, so it looks like yours has been broken at some point by a careless bit of workmanship - it is easily broken as the glovebox drops down when the last screw is removed, as is the airbag switch where fitted.

Cheers,

Mike

Cheers Spike and Mike, looking at it, that plastic piece has been broken off, so the connector has been shoved up behind glove box.

Thanks again
Alan

If you need the lamp: I have one. Postage to GB is ~2€ only;)
complete lamp including the plastik frame.

Back