Glow Plug Light Flashing.

Dougie

My daughter also has an A2 TDI and yesterday the glow plug light was flashing. Can anyone tell me where the brake light switch is situated so that I can have a look at it to see if there is anything visibly wrong with it or, if needs be, to change it. She had a rear end shunt a few weeks ago, could this be part of the problem? She is reluctant to go to Leeds Audi as they want about £100 for diagnostic check.
Many thanks - Dougie

Dougie, the brake light switch is inaccessible until you remove the lower dash trim by the drivers' knees.

Even if you remove it though, it is not clear from the physical appearance, whether the switch works or not.

If your daughter wants to pop over to me in Saddleworth, I can do a full diagnostic for MUCH less than Audi and also check the brake and clutch switches, as well as do any further investigation as needed. Oh, and more importantly, I am totally trustworthy, as many members will testify to.

Please feel free to PM me if you want more info, or to arrange a visit.

Cheers,

Mike

I have just replaced another switch on mine last one lasted 6months. These can also be adjusted when you remove them pull the plunger out as far as it will go and when reinstating press the brake pedal down when installing the switch.

If your lucky the switch just needs adjustment and if your not its only £8 for a new one.

Just been out in my car and the glow plug light has started flashing whilst driving , i switch the engine off and start up again and its off for a while ?

reading the above posts does it have something to do with the brake switch , if so is there a how to to replace it ?

Oh , is it safe to drive the car with the light flashing until i get it sorted out
Thanks

Mark

The chances are that you have a glow plug that us starting to fail, a diagnostic scan will pinpoint the fault and identify which one of the three it is.

New plugs are around £18 from Audi, but watch which one you get, as there are different lengths.

Cheers

Mike

Thanks Mike,
i will plug in my vagcom (freeware version only ) and see what comes up , i will take along my chassis no to my dealer if i need to order a new glow plug to get the correct one .

Is i a simple bolt on/off job , is there a how to ? , perhaps pics engine diagram etc

thanks

Mark

Back