Glow Plug System fault A2 1.4TDI

Vady

Can anyone help? I was driving home this afternoon and this light came on.:( It is flashing continually when the engine is on. I have had a fault on the emission control system for a while now - are the 2 things related? Also if i use the car tomorrow for work, am I likely to damage it further? Is this an expensive fault? help!!Am based in Stalybridge in Manchester _ Thanks Liz

Pity I didn't see this post earlier Liz - I'd have been able to do a scan for you at least.

As it is, I'm tied up the rest of the week at Granada and will be unable to do anything until Saturday at the earliest.

I'd say that the car was safe to drive as long as you're not getting any odd sounds or driving characteristics from Vady. As a first check though, get someone to check your brake lights whilst you press the pedal - I've known faulty brake switches cause this fault/

Cheers,

Mike

Aw thanks Mike - I will have a look at the break lights just to be sure, let me know when your about this weekend I will bring him over for you to look over if that's ok? Cheers Liz

I'll second that. I had a faulty brake bulb cause a whole host of flashing lights and fault readings through the scan.

It was fun. Kwik fit had it for a few days and called out the "Master Technician" - to replace a bulb. :)

Back