Going for a stealth mapping!

ST PERRIN

Hello all,

Going to take the plunge, booked the car in for a tune up and service at vince's next week as i need that little bit more as i find first gear a bit flat when i need to get off the mark a bit quick, just found out they are 20 min drive from me so that makes life a bit easy for me, i will post the results in a week or two, taking the A2 and myself down cornwall so that will show up wot this mapping is all about :D they have recommended i get the car off the long life service as they think its a bit long between oil filter changes etc, so going for the fixed.
ST PERRIN

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at the difference Stealth will make to your A2.

One point I'd make with regard to the servicing is that Longlife regime is fine, but I'd always recommend changing the oil and oil filter on an annual basis - the rest of the items can be left until the indicator shows a service is needed.

Cheers,

Mike

I agree that 1st gear isn't great in the A2, but to me it feels more like a gear ratio problem than power, as it's very easy and quick to reach the rev limiter. So in that respect I don't a remap will help you. But for in-gear acceleration at higher speeds the remap should do very well.

I'd be interested to hear the results as Stealth are just a few miles from me.

As the torque is increased this make that pick up alot quicker plus it just seems to make the TDi a little smoother overhaul, making it better to drive, you will be very supprised

Phil

This is my first ever diesel car and im well impressed with the whole drive since i had my remap done in september. The car feels a lot more powerful especially when i have a full set of DJ equipment on board, the torque is great :D. I went to see my son play against Wales for the under 16's England team in Chester a couple of weeks ago and i couldn't help opening it up a little along the M6, and no doubt it kept up with the faster moving traffic. Economy wise there isn't much differece unless you drive with a lead foot, my tank takes around £40 to fill and i get about 430 miles but i dont always drive like this as i am sometimes late for work :eek:. I'm going to Edinburgh on thursday to see the team play against Scotland and i intend to drive up so it will be interesting to find out how my DARMEL copes further up north :).

Money very well spent if you ask me. Thanks STEALTH...

I had my A2 remapped at Stealth, and the grin on my face when Vince gave me back my keys and said take it for a little blast. The difference was unreal. So all I can say is get it done asap.:D

Back