Good honest mechanic in London anyone?

garnish

Hi Everyone

I'm not having much luck with my A2 and am on the look out for a good honest mechanic in North London. I don't mind traveling anywhere in London really for a nice mechanic who won't look at me like I'm some sort of nutter for going on this forum and getting advise rather than just believing any old crap that pops into his head as his first thought!!!

Thanks

Dave

You can try RAC (Russell Automotive Centre) near Kingsbury. I have not relationship with them but I've had my car serviced there and they are honest and reliable. Friend at work also recommended them. In fact, I'm going to book mine in with them for routine service soon.

Thanks Humps for that. I will travel that far if I have to but I am still looking for something closer to North/ North East London if anyone out there knows of anyone? There must be someone!!!!

Thanks

Dave Garnish

Hi Mate

I need that starter motor looked at and maybe greased. I'm a bit scared taking things like that apart!! Here's the noise. You had other ideas what it was if i remember:

http://audioboo.fm/boos/32522-starter

and the thread:

http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7464

Also, possibly replacing the brake pressure sender if it turns out I need a new one. Hopefully you can help me decide that if we have time. This is what Spike said:

"Checked some parts info and found the sensors located under the master cylinder are called Thrust Sensors and both have the same part number........all rather confusing.
If the wiring allows I'd be tempted to swap over the connectors, run a diagnostic scan and see if the fault code changes. This would show if its the wiring or the G214 sensor at fault."

I had no idea owning one of these car would be so time consuming!!!!

DG

Yes I thought it was the solenoid at a guess, would try to pin point 1st otherwise a process of elimination :)

Cheers

SARGE

Hey Kingsbury isn't that far! ;-)

Also, you don't have to fix the starter motor, as I said in the other thread. Common car problem, I've had it for 4yrs and the car starts everytime. Your other choice is 4rings.co.uk, these guys seem to have built a very good reputation on the Audi forums and they might be able to drive to your house too!

Alternatively, you can ask our very own Sarge786 who is closer to the East side of london. He has helped me before, very nice guy. I'm sure he can have some work (and upgrades!) done for you, isn't that right Sarge?

yes I know Sarge. Great guy and have been to his place as he helped me out with some key fob/comfort unit issues. I've never seen him with a screwdriver in his hand so I never made a connection!!! I'm seeing him tomorrow anyway

Cheers

DG

Hey Kingsbury isn't that far! ;-)

Alternatively, you can ask our very own Sarge786 who is closer to the East side of london. He has helped me before, very nice guy. I'm sure he can have some work (and upgrades!) done for you, isn't that right Sarge?

Thanks Humps, Just done front brakes and service on another A2 only yesterday. Yep I am able do quite a few varied types of work on our beloved A2's with personal care and attention as always :)

Cheers

SARGE

Last edited by a moderator:

They don't come much more honest than the 'SARGE' :D

I Would have to agree SARGE is a Legend in the Southhh !!!! :)

LOL .. Sounds like a blockbuster, in 3D :D.... no really, thank you very much for that guys it's just 'lil ol me' :eek:

Regards

SARGE

Last edited by a moderator:
Back