Graph of an unmaped 1.4 TDI 75HP

FiNAS

Hi Guys,

I need to see a dyno test of a regular 1.4TDI 75HP engine. Can anyone get me a screenshot ?

I think my A2 has some problem with the turbo because on the dyno, the power peaks at 2350RPM and stays there until about 4000RPM when it starts to decrease!
The peak power is 70HP ( ( 51,5KW )
I would assume it would peak at in between 3500-4000RPM with 75-80HP

I suspect of the turbo because it just happens to peak at the time I think the turbo should kick in: arround 2500RPM.

What do you guys think ?

not sure about your A2 but my other car is for track use and the manufacturer quotes 190 bhp, my dyno result prior to some mods was making around 180, my guess is plenty of cars don't quite produce what they're meant to.
also i'm presuming that figure is at the crank not wheels?

At the wheels is quite less!!! I'll post the dyno print here as soon as I scan it.
I know that some cars may not reach the advertised power, but what I found intriguing on this one is that the power curve is a straight horizontal line from 2350RPM to 4000RPM!!!

Maybe it's the turbo, maybe the volumetric air mass flow sensor, maybe it's me!! Anyway, this car wont go past 155km/h ( 96.3mph ) on a straight line. I it moves quite well to 120km/h ( 74.6mph ) but past that it takes ages to get to 155km/h.

In the meanwhile I found this:

http://www.rri.se/popup/performancegraphs.php?ChartsID=567

the dyno is not like the ones regulary used, as that one shows the power at the wheels, not the engine power, but I can clearly see a curve that is quite diferent from mine.

I'll be back with a scan from my dyno run in a few minutes

thought i'd reply as the experts havn't showed up yet, if you can't get over 95ish mph there must be a problem, my 1.4 petrol has shown 110 indicated(not gps checked)on a few occasions with a little left to come, and mine is seriously weedy.
not that you need massive top end but it's nice to see the claimed max a possibility, on a track officer.

a214tdioriginalecuvw6.jpg

Well,

I guess it's the turbo. It stated making a "whisper" noise last week. it's kind of cool actually hehe :)

I'm planning in replacing it. Anyone knows if I can change it for the one that came on the last 75hp diesel engines ( replacing a non-geometry enabled turbo, for the geometry one ) ? Will I see a benefit or should I just forget it and repair mine ?

Thanks

btw: I'll post some tasty pics of my A2 in the next few days ( as soon as the wheather gets better :) )

Hi Guys,

I need to see a dyno test of a regular 1.4TDI 75HP engine. Can anyone get me a screenshot ?

I think my A2 has some problem with the turbo because on the dyno, the power peaks at 2350RPM and stays there until about 4000RPM when it starts to decrease!
The peak power is 70HP ( ( 51,5KW )
I would assume it would peak at in between 3500-4000RPM with 75-80HP

I suspect of the turbo because it just happens to peak at the time I think the turbo should kick in: arround 2500RPM.

What do you guys think ?

Heres ours, Original plot is red, New plot is green

As you can see ours hit 75ish BHP @ 2600 RPM and stayed there till 4200 RPM just like its been limited, so I dont think anything is wrong.

Attachments

• A2 Dyno Plots.pdf
    109.4 KB · Views: 374
Heres ours, Original plot is red, New plot is green

As you can see ours hit 75ish BHP @ 2600 RPM and stayed there till 4200 RPM just like its been limited, so I dont think anything is wrong.

That has got to be one of the best ways of portraying the "improved" figures I have ever seen. By displaying the original performance milestones in bar chart form, and then showing the increased length of those bars it really makes it quite easy to see how the "increased figures" would translate into "increased drive-ability"

All the information is correct as supplied by Stealth Racing

I have overtraced this data and laid it all out on one chart the blocks refered to where just for comparison as I for one likes to know what I am actually getting.

And I am sure anyone who has had a remap has done similar if not drawn it on the chart.

Well,

I guess it's the turbo. It stated making a "whisper" noise last week. it's kind of cool actually hehe :)

I'm planning in replacing it. Anyone knows if I can change it for the one that came on the last 75hp diesel engines ( replacing a non-geometry enabled turbo, for the geometry one ) ? Will I see a benefit or should I just forget it and repair mine ?

Thanks

btw: I'll post some tasty pics of my A2 in the next few days ( as soon as the wheather gets better :) )

Hi FiNAS

Don't assume its the turbo. A cracked charge cooler core or split hose is more likely to be the problem. A diagnostic scan may help pinpoint the problem.
As far as I know, only LHD 1.2 litre A2's and 90 bhp TDi have variable geometry turbos.
I think later 1.4 turbos have an integral cast exhaust manifold and may not be a direct swap so don't buy one without checking

Cheers Spike

Hi Guys!

When hitting the gas pedal it starts to whisper. the noise is directly related with the load on the engine.

About the variable geometry turbo: I think the first 1.4TDI 75HP engines were fitted with standard turbos and that later 1.4TDI 75HP engines had variable geometry turbos, at least that is what ETKA suggests. AMF vs BHC engine code.

Back