Great work from Stealth

MikeMarsUK

A2OC Donor
Popped up to Stealth Racing for some work - remap, new rubber ARB bushes from a (polo? golf?), and an alignment.

All went well - the remap took it from a starting point of 79hp to 103hp, and 155 lb ft to 182 lb ft. They found a fault code from the fuel temperature sensor, and fixed the broken wire which was causing it.

They found that the ARB already had the bushes replaced with rubber ones - the originals had not been removed, but pushed sideways (so from a first glance it looked like they were fitted incorrectly). They spent quite some time on it (including a test drive over all the nearby speedbumps), to see if there was any obvious cause for the intermittent clank from the near-side front. It was all quiet, the drop links were OK too.

The next thing on the menu was an alignment, since I was worried about wear to the inside edge of the front tyres. It was mostly* within tolerances, they've centred everything, but now my steering wheel is actually level when I'm driving ahead :D :D (Previously it was at about a 15 degree angle). *There was some camber on the front which they couldn't fix due to both left & right being out in the matching directions.

I did a test drive afterwards, it's great to feel the remap, it really livens up the engine incredibly.

Both the price of the remap & alignment were excellent, fixing the fuel temperature wiring was F.O.C., and the investigation work for the clanking (ARB etc) was also F.O.C. ! That was very generous given the significant amount of time they'd spent on it.

So, another very happy customer :)

PS there was a silver A2 in the workshop too, don't know whose it was.

Last edited:
Back