Hands free kit in car - how to use it!?

Hey everyone, it took more time than I wanted, but I finally got my car!! Its a 1.6 sport, black and I am really happy with it! I've seen a phone holder in the car (its wired in) but no manual for it and no controls on the steering wheel to use it?

Any ideas on what it is or how to work it?
I dont think it was factory fitted.

Loving the car.

possibly a Nokia hands free unit, do you have an aerial running found the tax disk holder and a mic up near the roof light panel?, my A4 came with one fitted, soon whipped it out and replaced with a blue tooth job,

ok, better late than never, how do I use this beast? If it is a nokia, how is it used? I have a bluetooth sony erickson jobby. Would love this to work, but ready to rip her out if not :(

Looking at it I haven't a clue what make, you will have to remove the glove box and look at the control box.
Most work via voice activation, this needs to be set on your phone and will vary from type to type, personally I'd junk it and have a bluetooth fitted, most phones will work with that, if you are interested I have a dashmount which sits over the airvents which I'll let you have for a tenner I'll mail you some details tonight, if your phone is an sony ericcson I aso have a holder which fitted my 610 and 750, may fit others too.
Cheers
Mike

I don't recognise it either. Usually if it's a major maunfacturer (Nokia, Sony Ericsson, Motorola, etc.) it has the name somewhere prominent. I guess even without knowing the manufacturers you can tell what phone it's for by looking at the contacts.

Really, it's probably not worth the hassle of trying to find (a) the manufacturer, (b) how it works and (c) a replacement holder to suit your phone. You can get something like a Parrot CK3000 bluetooth car kit for under £60 and they are so easy to fit.

I think thats a 'bury' kit it will be wired like my one into the Radio.cd
so it cuts out when your on the phone,quite a nice device:D

Back