Headlamp Washers

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

watcher130

Does anyone know anything about these things? All I have seen about them anywhere is a picture in the brochure. It looks like it is built into the bumper and pops out when needed. Is there an extra button that needs installing inside, how much will it cost for the part and for fitting and painting it? Any info would be helpful.

Cheers!

yes my car came with them already in.
you will need to get a new front bumper because all the spray head mountings are inside.
Don't think you need a new button since they pop up when you have your dip beam on and you go to spray your windscreen.
Since what seems to happen is you pull forward on the windscreen wiper spray lever (right hand side of steering column) and if you have your dipped beam on then you get the normal sprays spraying the windscreen and you will also get the high pressure sprays popping up out of the bumper to spray the front lights looks pretty good when you see them working.
But when you don't have the light's on they do not pop up quite intelligent really since you don't need them cleaning if the lights are not on.
So:~ No you don't need a new button but will need a new front bumper and wiring going to the spray lever in the car also you will need to get a bigger water bottle in the engine bay since the headlight sprays have a separate bottle which has it's own pump and heater since it is hot water it sprays onto the headlight so as to remove the bugs and salt during winter.Water bottle can be found just behind the passenger side front light quite hard to get to probably have to remove the headlight on that side to gain access.
Wiring should'nt be a problem but i suppose due it being Audi it will be expensive to fit as an add on modification.

hope this helps
Why not ask Audi how much it would cost just out of interest!!:)

cheers

A.D.Simmons

Or email Martyn at VAG parts... he'll give you discount as well...

____________________________________________________________________________________
[img=left]http://image1ex.villagephotos.com/180225.jpg[/img=left]
2001 A2 TDI SE Crystal Blue with Open Sky, 6CD Symphony II, BOSE upgrade, DIS and HALF a winterpack!

iPAQ 3970 with Sat-Nav sleeve, rear cupholders, luggage net and floppy wiper!

http://www.audi-a2.co.uk/uk23.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back