Headlight locating sockets (if that's what they are..?)

Ken Long

Changed the bulbs on the A2 this afternoon and in doing so noticed that the plastic part that has the two headlight locating sockets for the headlight unit is broken (passenger side). The break is above the top locating socket. This means the headlight isn ot as securely mounted as is ideal, although the two t30 bolts mean it's not going to fall out! I can't tell whether this is a small part that can easily be swapped out or part of a larger moulding that will be a pain to sort. Any pointers appreciated (including the part's proper name so I can search effectively for a replacement!)

Changed the bulbs on the A2 this afternoon and in doing so noticed that the plastic part that has the two headlight locating sockets for the headlight unit is broken (passenger side). The break is above the top locating socket. This means the headlight isn ot as securely mounted as is ideal, although the two t30 bolts mean it's not going to fall out! I can't tell whether this is a small part that can easily be swapped out or part of a larger moulding that will be a pain to sort. Any pointers appreciated (including the part's proper name so I can search effectively for a replacement!)
First from memory each is independent, fairly small bits held by a bracket with fixing bolt. No problem I think replacing them but fiddly, ask the recyclers for replacements.

Andy

From what I recall the vertical bar the two individual mounting sockets are fitted to is an integral part of the slam panel ( lock carrier ). Yes the two sockets can be replaced or adjusted but the vertical bar not. Your best bet short of replacing the slam panel is to get QUALITY super glue, clean the break and glue back together supporting the joint until fully cured before refitting the headlight.

Back