Headlight switch - Non A2 replacement options

Disco Stu

Hi All
I’m looking at a new light switch - The missus reported that her dipped headlights stopped working, after investigation it turns out the switch is kaput. I have stripped it down but just cannot get it to work so I am after a replacement PDQ. Second hand A2 ones seem to be very expensive (if you can get them) I like the look of the auto ones, however with about two weeks lead time in getting it here it means the car is going to be off the road for a while, which I don’t want!

The main question is, what other vehicles light switches could be used and be fitted with the minimum of fuss?

Evening Stu,

If you’ve reached a point if no return with your current headlamp switch and cannot find an A2 replacement then the VW Golf Mk4 will do as an interim measure. Technically it’ll work as the Auto variant you mention is actually for the Golf.

The part number to search for is:

Rear fog lights only: 1C0941531

Front and rear fog lights: 1C0941531A

These light headlight switches are common across a few VW models and cheap enough to come by. The fascia will have to be removed but it’ll certainly work until you can obtain what you’re after.

Edit: As George says above.

Kind regards,

Tom

Thanks for the information all, wasn’t too sure if the standard Golf Mk 4 fitted. I was aware that it was the go to for the Auto lights modification but could not find any information for the standard switch so to speak.

Yes I do have front fog lights 👍

Thanks for the information all, wasn’t too sure if the standard Golf Mk 4 fitted. I was aware that it was the go to for the Auto lights modification but could not find any information for the standard switch so to speak.

Yes I do have front fog lights 👍

I have an A2 headlight switch, excellent working condition.

Headlight switch - front.jpg

It's soft touch and priced with that in mind but in reasonable cosmetic condition. Send me a PM if it's of any interest.

Edit. Sorry, but this item is no longer on offer.

Last edited:
Back