Headlight switch suddenly not working

AngieA2

71378359852__45D51B56-5D2C-4E81-9D76-F254E1E10779.jpeg
The headlight switch on my old A2 (now my daughters) won’t work. The dial is just turning and not doing anything. Is this something I can fix or would I need a whole new unit?

Morning Angie,

Hope all is well with you. Yes you have the aftermarket auto headlamp switch.

My initial guess is either the switch has unfortunately given up or the switch housing is rotating inside the fascia.

Can you confirm that the central chrome surrounded switch rotates independently of the icon ring (with the work auto on it), does the icon ring stay in place when the switch is rotated.

I might have a spare auto headlamp switch here but you could also easily go back to the factory standard switch and fascia.

I notice you’ve not got market access on here but if you was to upgrade you’re account then finding a standard replacement part would be fairly easy. The actual swap is quite simple and more then happy to discuss it over PM should you wish.

Kind regards,

Tom

That sounds exactly like when my aftermarket auto headlight switch failed completely around a year ago. Worked one day, dead the next (ie, lights at all). Had to whip it out and replace with my original that although tatty was still functional.

Back