Headlights on beeper.

kencayton

Hi, until recently I didn't even think Annabell had a beeper to tell me her lights were on when I opened the door, until yesterday when she beeped when I had forgotten to turn them off. Hasn't worked since. Any idea how I can fix it?

Did you remove the key from the ignition? The beeper won't come on if the key is in the ignition.

Hi Kencayton

The beeper will also come on if you have your indicator in the left or right turn position. This also brings on the parking lights on one side.

John

There is a micro switch in the door to tell if the door is open or not , mine needs replacing as it will not let you use the 2 switches on the "B" post to release the fuel flap or ultrasonics off as well as not letting you know if your lights are on or if you unlock the car open the drivers door but don't turn ignition on straight away it will lock its self again
A pig of a job so i'm told haven't got round to doing mine yet

Cheers Phil

Changing the switch over is not a hard job at all really, but it's not a cheap one, as the switch is incorporated into the actual lock!

The cost of a new lock is £57 from a dealer, but don't worry, you don't need to change the keys or anything, as the cylinder is a separate item.

Cheers,

Mike

When i took it the local stealer one of the techs asked if i was going to do myself or book it in, asked why he said it was a pain of a job

Cheers Phil

ps was trying to get parts through work as we get massive discounts but some idiot ordered parts took to long to pay for them so they stopped it haven't spoken to boss yet they have been on there hols will try next week to do C O D (just a guide heated mirrors the pair all in £39)

Back