Heated Seat(s)

Skipton01

Admin Team
Hi all,

Just to let you know that Tank now has a heated drivers seat (the better half doesn't like them, so I've not bothered buying and fitting parts she'll never use).

As A2 heat pads are incorporated into the covers, the only way to get heated seats retro-fitted is to buy new covers, find second-hand ones (tricky in red leather!) or fit TT elements which are available separately, which is what I've done.

In hind-sight, I should have removed a layer of padding from the existing covers to make for quicker warming, but as things stand, it just takes a few seconds longer to get to temperature. However, as these elements are the same as per TT roadster seats, they get very, very warm - just the thing for a sore back!

It was a pain in the backside to do, not being used to dealing with car upholstery, but everything's back together and I've got a toasy warm behind now.

Only wish I'd specced it from new - would have been worth it I think!

Cheers,

Mike

Glad you like them, had them in the last two of my cars and as a result every car her indoors has ordered new since has also had them.

The Passat's were very good since they only had a layer of cloth to get through, I never used the seats in the second A2 (not in it very much) but they were ALLWAYS on in Autumn, Winter or Spring, sometimes even in Summer, when I went out to put it in the garage. I have even seen her with the seat in the Honda on high when it is 20 C outside!

Marvelous for most back problems but doesn't do a thing for my sciatica!

Great guise you made there - brings it all flooding back to me!

Cable routing wise, the UK cars all have their wiring going to the outside of the car, not to the central tunnel. Sports seats are somewhat more complex in their dis-assembly too.

Also, I take back what I said before about removing a layer of padding - I've been on a longish drive today and found things very toasty indeed!

Cheers,

Mike

Skipton01 said:
Hi all,

Just to let you know that Tank now has a heated drivers seat (the better half doesn't like them, so I've not bothered buying and fitting parts she'll never use).
Mike

May I ask why she doesn't like them?
When I looked for my 2nd A2 I specifically looked for one with heated seats. My 1st one also had them. I wish I had bought one with cruise control also but I wasn't that lucky. Luckily it can be retrofitted.

Hi manhattan$
Heated seats were not standard on any model. I have a 2003 price list and it shows them as a £300 option on the STD, SE and Sport spec cars

Cheers Spike

thanks spike,
thats good to know.i would really like to find an A2 with heated seats its freezing out there at the minute!

as you will probably know,i have been looking for a nice A2 example for over a year now, but as i had a company vehicle at the time i wanted to find the exact spec i was looking for.

there seems to be a shortage of TDI sports for sale at the minute.

Wow, Tank has to be the best specced A2 there is by now ^^

My A2 had the heated seats factory installed. I'm so glad, since I live at the polar circle (71 north).

Back