Heater plug warning light....

747tech

My heater plug warning light has started flashing continously when driving - car starts and runs fine.

Any pointers here guys?

Heater plug down or something other related?

(2005 tdi 75bhp)

Thanks in advance.

Is it just the glowplug light or does the EPC light come on as well? If so, it could be the brake light switch.

Thanks for the quick response Dan - it's just the heater warning light (so far!).

Been doing some searching and injector loom problems come up - any connection to this do you think?

I'm going out to have a look under the bonnet - dont think I'll find anything obvious but you never know.

Brilliant!

You got to love these forums - guess what - no brake lights!

Off to get a new switch.

Thanks both.

Quick update for the benefit of other members who may experience a similar issue -

New brake light switch is going to take 7 - 10 days (?) from local VW main dealer - Part no. IJ0945511A.

Wary of driving the vehicle without brake lights I had a little play about and thought I'd 'loosen' things up a bit thinking that it might be a case of the switch plunger or contactors sticking.

So, after a good fast pumping of the pedal - best to do this with keys out of ignition just in case there's some kind of ecu reset procedure involving pushing brake pedal with the door open facing a southerely wind with your finger in the air (+%&&%$ computer controlled vehicles - give me points and a carbureter any day!) I started vehicle and dash light had gone out and brake lights now working!

Hopefully will stay 'fixed' until replacement arrives.

Thanks again A2OC :)

I've got a similar problem - glow plug light flashing on/off for the duration of the journey, but unlike the above, my brake lights are fully lit all the time (even when the engine is off!!)

Any idea how to deal with this so that it doesn't discharge the battery overnight?

Torque (via ODB II ELM327 reader) reports no fault codes (even while the glowplug light was flashing away to me...)

I've unplugged the two incandescent bulbs, hopefully the drain on the centre light won't discharge the battery completely overnight ...

Back