Hello all, new member from Spain.

A2Spain

Hello,

My name is Jorge, I am from Alicante, south-east Spain and I own two A2.
One is 1.4 TDi and the other is 1.4i both with 75 bhp.

Let me intriduce you my A2:

1.4 TDi is cobalt blue color, with no extras:

a2x24rk3.jpg

1.4i is Silver color with Open Sky, 16" alloys with 185/50/16 tyres, fogs, double rear cupholder, front stowage tray, gear knob, sport steering wheel and hand brake in black leather, grey color interior, sport seats, S-Line suspension, all electric windows, alarm, remote, mp3....

thump_1479330A2OC-1.jpg

a23gu7.jpg

a25sz6.jpg

I am really happy with them, no problems at the moment.
Thanks a lot and congratulations for this amazing forum & Club. Hope to learn a lot of things about this great car.
Excuse me my poor english.

Regards

Jorge
A2Spain

Last edited:
Hello Jorge and welcome.

You seem to have 2 great examples there. No need to apologise for your English - it is better than some natives!!!

Cheers,

Mike

Hi Jorge
It's interesting that you have both a petrol and diesel A2. Our club members are always discussing the advantages of each car so your views on the merits of petrol V diesel A2's would be of great interest.
The cars - and the locatation look great. Were the pictures taken at your home?

Cheers Spike

Hello,

Thanks a lot for your answers.
Pertrol and diesel engine are really diferents. In my oppinion diesel engine is faster in acceleration for example from 80 to 120 km/h and seems powerfull.
At top speed both engine are similars, you must turn at high rpm on petrol engine to go fast.
I prefer petrol engine, noise on 3 cyl. diesel engine is terrible when you are stoped on a traffic light for example, petrol engine really sounds well and its very silent.
Fuel consumption is very close in both engines too.
I think every people has his own oppinion about those engines, Diesel is not worse that petrol and petrol is not better than diesel:)

Were the pictures taken at your home?

Hi Spike, yes pictures are taken at home;), hope tonight put some new pics.

Thanks guys

Cheers Jorge

Ola Jorge, como estas?

It's great to see a neighbour round here. I am portuguese. ;)

I tell you what, you cars look great, under the Spanish sun.

Welcome to the Forums.

Jose

Hello Peterevans, thanks for your welcome.
Hope to read you here many times;)

Cheers

Jorge
A2Spain

Yes, Ola jorge!
Welcome to the club. :D

I flew into Alicante a few weeks ago and stayed in a small village called teresa de confrentes (spelling?) lol.

I saw one A2 whilst there though :(

Hello manhattan$,

I live 60 kms north Alicante, think close to the village you said. If you return to Alicante email me!!

There aren't so many A2 here, people don't know what's a great car:D

Cheers

Jorge

Also nearby towns were Almansa, Ayora, and Jarafeul (spelling again) :D on the N-330 road. (My parents live there)

Recognise any jorge? :)

Last edited:
Hi manhattan$,

I live 50 kms from Almansa, Ayora and Jarafuel !! !! Almansa has a beautiful castle:cool:

My village is in North Alicante, just in the mountain. If you are going to travel to Spain contact me:)

Cheers

Jorge

Hi manhattan$,

I live 50 kms from Almansa, Ayora and Jarafuel !! !! Almansa has a beautiful castle:cool:

My village is in North Alicante, just in the mountain. If you are going to travel to Spain contact me:)

Cheers

Jorge

Its a small world! :)

Next time i plan on visiting the parents i will bring my A2 valeting kit, as long as you bring the sangria! sorry, make it a sambuca :D

Next time i plan on visiting the parents i will bring my A2 valeting kit, as long as you bring the sangria! sorry, make it a sambuca

Do not doubt it, there will be Sangria for all:D

Cheers

Jorge

Was it you?

Hi Jorge,

I saw a cobalt blue A2 in Guardamar on 17th September. Was it you? A saw 3 A2s that day, so you are not the only owner near Alicante.:cool:

John.

Hello Poor John,

No I wasn't. There aren't many A2 here in Spain but now when I see one I will leave him a A2OC pocket flyer.

If you returm to Alicante contact me.

Cheers

Jorge

Hello Jorge,

My wife loves the sunshine and with 300 days of sunshine each year in your part of Spain, I'm sure we will be back. I will let you know sometime next year.

Is there much difference in inside temperature between the two cars in hot weather? My A2 is black and I would love to drive over to Spain, but I worry that my car's climate control would not be able to cope with the Spanish sunshine. I would also need Mike to fit cruise control:)

John.

Is there much difference in inside temperature between the two cars in hot weather?

Hello,

Definitively the interior of the blue cobalt A2 is hotest that the grey.
Anyhow the grey has open sky, and I must be very careful with the heads when the sun is shining;)

I do not like the warm climates, for that I spend my summer vacations every year in north Scotland, Highlands, Inverness, Loch Ness, Fort William, Sky Island, John O'Groats, Drumnadrochit... Last august I was in Edimburgh and scottish borders. I rent a car and drives miles and miles:cool:

Cheers

Jorge

Hi John,

What a amazing picture, incredible, many thanks. I was in August, during the Edimburgh Festival. I was for a week, so I visit all the city monuments, including the Scott Monument and the Edimburgh Military Tatoo in the castle.
Edimburgh is one of the most beutiful cities I have never stay. Me, my wife and my little two years old daughter enjoy a lot watching the street theatre, walking along the Royal Mile and Princess Street and drinking some pints in The Last Drop (not my daughter ):cool:

Ben has send to me two A2OC stickers and the card club discount, I will put some pics on my A2.

Thanks

Best regards

Jorge

Back