Hello ! New member from Italy

A

Andi

Ciao to everyone !
I'm from Milan, Italy, I've just registered and I wanted to introduce myself. :)
I hope this is the right section to do this.

I'm 29 and I LOVE driving.
During the last few years I've had lots of cars that I've appreciated a lot: a Mazda MX-5, a Honda S2000, and right now I'm the happy owner of a 2004 Lotus Elise 111S, which I manly use as a trackday car.
Since I have the Elise, I go to work with my motorbike, a BMW R850R.

Some months ago I realized that I needed a small "everyday" car.
I started to think about which one could be the right choice. I wanted a car which had to be small but roomy, lightweight and agile... I thought the A2 could be the perfect choice. After searching for 2-3 weeks, I've found a nice A2 thanks to a friend who is an Audi official dealer. It's black, petrol 1.400 engine (I don't like diesel engines that much), built in December 2004, and... well, it was "as new": the first owner is Audi A.G. (it had german plates), and it had only 5.000 km's (2.400 miles) of life.

I'm really happy with it, it's really comfortable, not noisy at all, the build quality is really fantastic, it's really roomy and nice and smooth to drive.

The A2 hasn't been a big success in Italy - mainly beacuse of its price - but used ones are relatively cheap and... well, I've always loved it, I think its design is clever and beautiful.

Well, thanks for reading, and I hope to make new "car friends" here. :)

Oh, by the way: one week ago I was at the Nurburgring with my Elise, and I saw a black A2 lapping the Nordschleife ! :)

PS: I promise I'll change my avatar as soon as I have a nice picture of my A2 :)

PS (2): sorry for my English, it's far for perfect, I'll do my best to improve it !

Hello Andi and welcome to the world of A2 ownership!

Don't apologise for your English - it's very good and certainly far better than my Italian.

A group trip to the Nurburgring would be fantastic - I've always wondered just what sort of a time the A2 is capable of. Hmmm.......?

Cheers,

Mike

Back