Hello, newbie.

adetdi

Good evening every1, just been and put a deposit on an 04 tdi sport in grey which i love to bits and will be picking up next week.:D :D
just a few questions...
1.the computer is set to the long life service intervels, do i need to go to audi to get this changed to an normal annual service?
2.a few i had looked at before had a false floor in the boot which i liked but mine hasnt got one, are they only on specific models or will the folding false floor fit in mine?
3.when we took it out for a test drive for a few seconds it made a strange noise from the n/s front wheel, sounded like a sqweel from brake dust on the discs but just a bit louder,pressed the brakes afew time and it went, ran perfectly and felt very nice to drive.

one more thing is does any1 have any before and after figures for chipping a tdi sport90bhp?

thanx alot.

Hi
Welcome to the A2oc
As your A2 is still in warranty, go to Audi to change from variable to annual service intervals.
The false floor is standard on SE models but could be retro-fitted to your car. It's complicated and relatively expensive as the boot side panels need to be replaced in addition to buying the floor section - I'd guess the parts alone would cost over £250
The squeel could have been a pebble caught between the disc and dust shield or even rust on the pads/disc if the car had been standing for a while. As the noise disappeared after a few applications of the brakes, it sounds nothing to worry about.
A couple of club members have rechipped 90TDi's with impressive results - see link attached
http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=4005

Cheers Spike

Last edited:
Back