Help! Audi paint / warranty issues

A2Look

Hi All!

I have just bought myself an Audi A2 :) its a 2004 model, tdi. Can somebody please help me with a few things?

I notice the paint on the front bumper is peeling off a little, would this be covered under the paint warranty?

I have a little squeaking sound inside everytime I got over a bump, suspension? Any ideas?

What other things should I look out for before I go and harass my local dealer :)

The paint, whether it is base-, top-, or clear-coat should not be peeling off. Take it back for that, if nothing else.

Talk to them about the squeak and see if you can get a technician to accompany you in the car so you can point out the squeaks. Odds on, when the tech bod is in the car on their own, they won't be able to hear the squeak. It sounds like there might be a piece of the trim that has come loose and is shifting as the car flexes slightly over surface imperfections in the road.

Go over the car with a fine-toothed comb to see if you can find anything else. :D

Audi paint is good and hard - flexible where it needs to be on plastic bits etc. I should be concerned that the bumper has been painted following a little ding.

I suffer from a squeek from the rear of the car when I go over bumps but only when it rains quite weird really but its been there for well over a year now so try to ignore it. Its worse when I have people in the back and its wet during the recent dry spell not a squeek to be heard

Anti roll bar rubber mountings or trailing arm bushes. Nylon or plastic spry lubricant required - silicone based NOT WD or GT 85 'cos it will rot the rubber bushes.

The front of the car is totally original, the paint coming off is very unusual, its bubbling right in the centre of the bumper (the corners are perfect!), its strange really, but as said before in this thread, I wouldnt have thought it should be lifting off. I will ask Audi to look at it tomorrow :)

Back