Help - How Many Aerial Amps in the Tailgate?

PlasticMac

Admin Team
United-Kingdom
Can anyone tell me, for certain, on a car with the Diversity system, (any A2, other than those with a Chorus radio), how many aerial amplifiers are in the tailgate?
The circuit diagram shows four, and the are 4 inputs to the Diversity Controller, but are there actually four in there?
Mac.
Edit: 7-Zap shows four units, left upper, right upper, left lower, and right lower. But they seem to be different units. The lower units are rectangular, while the upper units are long slim looking.
Screenshot 2023-08-25 14.32.59.png
Screenshot 2023-08-25 14.32.19.png

Last edited:
There are certainly two under the trims at the sides of the rear glass, I remember breaking one when learning about taking that area of the car apart on a breaker I once had. Aren't the other two under the main tailgate panel? If those are what you're looking at so far, now you know where the missing two are.

There are certainly two under the trims at the sides of the rear glass, I remember breaking one when learning about taking that area of the car apart on a breaker I once had. Aren't the other two under the main tailgate panel? If those are what you're looking at so far, now you know where the missing two are.
Thank you very much Ian, that's put my confusion to bed.
I have no idea which amp covers which frequency band, so I'm hoping Andy, ( @Clackers ), can find a pair of each, left and right uppers, and left and right lowers.
Is removing the upper trim challenging? Which has to come off first, lower or upper?
Mac.
@Clackers sorry for the deluge of PMs.

Is removing the upper trim challenging? Which has to come off first, lower or upper?
To be honest, I couldn't tell you which way round you have to do it. If you've already got the main panel off, you should be able to get the upper ones off ( I certainly did on my breaker) but I don't know if they'll come off with it in place. I remember them being fairly stiffly held in, but it's just metal push-clips like the main panel and various other trims. Don't make the mistake that I did though, by inserting a flat blade all the way and twisting. That's how I broke the antenna, I got the blade underneath that as well. You should be able to feel where the clips are and where the antenna is. Twist the blade as close to the clips as is safe!

Back