Help Please

sbensp

Good evening,

2 days ago I purchased a 'X' Reg 2000, 1.4SE Audi A2. On test and driving home everything was perfect. This evening took it for a little run and had found the following problems:-

1. Pressed fob to open all doors unlocked but the drivers door, unlocked with key no problem.
2. Electric windows do not work on any switches, all have the lights on the switches but not on the drivers door, no light on the button to lock stop rear windows opening and the switch to move side mirrors does not work either
3. There are 2 buttons on the pillar one opens filler cap does not work, and the button below (Do not know what it does) but neither are lit either.
4. The button on the fob to open the boot worked when i put shopping in but when it came to take shopping out it did not work.
5. Locked car using fob but had to lock drivers door with key.
6. Rear brakes noisy (on and off) but the car has only done 1,500 miles in the last year (from MOT certs) and has been stood for approx 1-2 months since MOT so presuming they just need to loosen up as when you touch brakes the noise stops again
7. The radio did not work and will not allow you to put in code when the '1000' bit comes on radio, but got £100 of to sort my self.

The car itself has been in the same family from new, has done 76,000 miles and is in absolute mint condition inside and out. It had some suspension work done and service end of November and MOT end of November. CAM belt done at 58000 miles in 2008. I paid £1900 for car as seemed like a good price for condition and Audi having a good reputation.

If anyone can help would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards

Ben

I have read several threads prior to posting and think that someone maybe able to confirm that it is possibly the CCU? Appears that several people have had similar issues that relate to CCU? Possibly answered my own question on 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5.
If this is the case can any decent garage to a diagnostic check or is Audi better?

Thank you to anyone that can help.

Kind Regards

Ben

Hi Ben, welcome to the forum. I'm sure someone will be along soon who can advise technically, however if it is indeed the CCCU there is a member on here from the german forum ( username Lau) who refurbishes the unit on an exchange basis for around the £70 mark if memory serves. There will be a thread somewhere to identify who currently has the exchange part. Your first task is a diagnostic scan to confirm what the problem is and if you're lucky there may be someone fairly local who can assist. Good luck getting it sorted.

Hi murdo,
Thank you for your reply and info about lau. Lovely little car, hope it is easy (and not to expensive) to rectify
Regards
Ben

Problems 1,2 and 5 might be the same thing!
Each door has an electronic brain that sends signals to the rest of the car (like a computer on a PC network).
If the module in the drivers door is disconected or has lost the plot then you would get the symptoms described.
The module can be reached by removing the door car (3 torx bolts and a quick tug....just be careful of the wires on the door card for speakers etc as you need to disconect these before removing the card completely from the car as the wires are only 8 inches or so long).
I would try leaving the door module unplugged for a while and then replug in. There is a specific sequence (search my posts as I found out the hard way last summer!) for plugging in the looms to the module, otherwise it wont play nicely.

Rest of problems sound quite minor, so dont despair.

Welcome to the club.

Would like to say a big thank you to all who have helped with their reply's. chb you where right, removed door card played with plugs all works fine now so thank you. Forgot to re connect the internal door handle and in my excitement so need to to remove again to re connect.

Regarding radio, the RDS and TP buttons appear to be sticking and regerstering "1000" as the radio code. The car has a radio/tape player so could do with updating. Any one who has a CD/Radio they are selling please let me know.

Once again a BIG THANK YOU for your help.

Regards

Ben

Reactions: chb
Back