Help - TP problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

shakehandsman

I have the Tp button lit up with the red indicator on my A2 1.6 FSI SE.

However, I very very rarely seem to get traffic reports. I now reaslise that i have to be tuned into a bbc station to get the bbc reports, but are there commercial reports as well.

Also, if I am listening to a bbc station and tehy do a report it rarely gets saved (I read that the systems can save 4 minutes of traffic reports).

Is my unit faulty or do some stations broadcast reports incorrectly??

Do commercial stations even use the TP system in this country?

many thanks

My local radio station (which is part of a UK network) has TP. I thought the TP record function only worked when the unit was off and you had set the record times?

Steve - 2002 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior, Then an identical replacement 2003 A2. Now a Toyota Corolla 1.6 T-Spirit

The TP function always works, but you have listen to a station which is sending with the traffic reports a signal which ables the TP to record the message. Note, not every station who broadcast a traffic reports send this extra signal. When you want record a message when your car is parked be sure your radio is on the station which broadcast the traffic reports when your car is turned off. When pressing and holding the "menu" button you are able to put in the time when the radio has to be "looking" for traffic reports and record them.

try to look in your manual,

[img=left]http://www.home.zonnet.nl/e.van.woudenberg/a2 small.jpg[/img=left]A2 1.4 TDI S-line
Ipaq 3870 + TOMTOM II navigator

Homepage

My car

:)and having fun driving it:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back