Help wanted

the grim reeper

A2OC Donor
Hi i started to get a slight alternator noise on saturday, that then started to go to a rumble, first thought was water pump was going after two years :eek:, well today on my way to work the glow plug light on and started flashing for about a minute then stopped:confused:, on my way home just got outside the drive big clunk:eek: and battery light came on :mad:

well from the photo you can see whats happened, the pulley has come off

now can i get the pulley seperate or is this a new alternator???????????????

Cheers Phil

Hi Phil,

You can get the pulley separate, but there's 2 versions - one is around £17, the other is about £55, so see which one you need.

|Cheers,

Mike

Hi Phil,

You can get the pulley separate, but there's 2 versions - one is around £17, the other is about £55, so see which one you need.

|Cheers,

Mike

Whats the difference Mike ?

And how do you get it off ?, theres a number 10 multi-spline at the bottom of the shaft, is it left or right hand thread ?????

Phil

I've got a nasty feeling that you need the more expensive version - the cheaper one is listed as fitting a toothed belt, as opposed to the poly-v belt fitted to the TDi.

As far as servicing goes, a picture is worth a thousand words, so here you go!

AlternatorService.jpg

Cheers,

Mike

Cheers Mike looks like i do and the adapter. the adapter will probably be the same price if not more lol, looks like i will be talking nice to the boss again to see if i can get it through work cheap

Thanks again Phil

Ps have you got the code for that Mike and is the code for the adapter 3400 ?????

The adapter part number is indeed 3400.

I presume you meant the part number for the pulley?

If so, it is 022 903 119 C

Cheers,

Mike

Cheers Mike for today after all that the connection with who we order parts went down just as they went to order:mad:, this happened last time when i went to order some bits. Well if they knew what they was doing they should have ordered these this morning and they would be here in the morning, but no now i have to wait till tomorrow and get them to order them so they will be here for Thursday all being good, fit them after work as its in for MOT Friday

Thanks again Phil

Just thought i would update. All done back on the road fingers crossed for tomorrow MOT, everything looks and feels ok, and it only fail last year on ARB bushes, but sorted that for this year

Heres some more pics of the damage and what it should look like

Just add if anyone needs to remove the pulley for any reason i've got the adaptor so drop me a PM and i'll gladly lend it ;)

Cheers Phil

Back