Hi Guys

Adam007

Hi guys

Wow what a fantastic site, a big round of applause should be given to the founder, moderators and contributors and all members who are affiliated with this fantastic a2 owners club. I honestly did not know that there was such thing as an owners club, lol …. It clearly shows I’m abit clueless when it comes to cars.

Firstly I’d like to say a big thank you to Murdo who has given me an insight into the different range of spec’s available on the audi a2 along with a comprehensive guide….. Thank you Murdo you have been of great help.

I am new to this forum and I am on search for an audi a2 preferably a 1.4 TDI 75 as according to ‘Murdo’ a2 guide it’s the most reliable and economical.

I have seen a few a2 1.4 TDI but I’m sort of blown away with the different model’s SE, Sport model & Special edition.

Apologies if this question has been asked before, I did search the forum for an answer but couldn’t seem to get one…. Here I go, what is the difference between the following 3 models SE, Sport and Special edition?

Thanks
Adam :)

Hi Adam,
Welcome to the site. They really are brilliant cars and are sure to be future classics if you pick a good one.

The official Audi spec sheet should answer most of your questions on SE versus Sport.
The special edition was brought in towards the end of the A2 production and has a different list of stuff included.
Be careful though as many sellers list the SE as a special edition. The two are different.

Still, the spec sheet below at least shows pretty much every optional extra that you could have had:

http://www.audi.co.uk/content/dam/audi/production/PDF/UsedCars/Refresh/A2/A2 - June 04.pdf

Hope you find the car you like.

:)

Hi

Thank you guys for the replies…. I seem more focussed on the model that I intend to source and purchase would most definitely be the SE model.

Also guys how can you figure out by looking at the advert pics whether the car has a DIS?

Do the a2’s TDI come with the Take me/ bring me home light feature?

Thanks

The chances of finding an SE with DIS are extremely remote. If you want DIS then best option is to go for a sport. With the newest A2 now 8 years old i would focus more on condition/history/spec than worry about it being an SE or a Sport. Don't let high mileage put you off if it is a well cared for car. Good luck hunting!

Also guys how can you figure out by looking at the advert pics whether the car has a DIS?

Do the a2’s TDI come with the Take me/ bring me home light feature?

Full DIS is a single screen in the centre of the instrument dials, but the simpler version has a horizontal bar across the middle that should be visible on decent interior photos. Like Adrian says, its rare on SE's.

The light function you ask about wasn't available on A2's but like most 'do-able' modifcations a couple of members have retro fitted this.

Full DIS is a single screen in the centre of the instrument dials, but the simpler version has a horizontal bar across the middle that should be visible on decent interior photos. Like Adrian says, its rare on SE's.

The light function you ask about wasn't available on A2's but like most 'do-able' modifcations a couple of members have retro fitted this.

Thank you for your replies guys

Murdo does the simpler version that has a horizontal bar across the middle give the driver the information when the screen wash has ran out or when the bulbs are blown.

Also if possible can you show me the link with instructions please for the retro fit take me/bring me home light feature

Thanks

No, bulb monitoring and washer fluid level is only on full DIS, along with the trip computer functions and actual door open display rather than "one door is open but I'm not saying which"!

Guys, Thank you for your replies

Guys, does the A2 TDi’s without the DIS function give any information or alert the driver when the service is due

Also what is the standard service interval that is programmed into the a2’s when it originally leaves the factory, I’m guessing is 1 year or 10,000 miles whichever comes first

Thanks

Guys, Thank you for your replies

Guys, does the A2 TDi’s without the DIS function give any information or alert the driver when the service is due

Also what is the standard service interval that is programmed into the a2’s when it originally leaves the factory, I’m guessing is 1 year or 10,000 miles whichever comes first

Yes, the non DIS variant displays service due. Its a year or 9300 miles as its transferred from km.

Also what is the standard service interval that is programmed into the a2 when it originally leaves the factory...

Its a year or 9300 miles as its transferred from km.

I believe all A2s in the UK were sold set to variable service interval, meaning the car recommends a service based on how the car is used. Many forum members have theirs set to fixed service interval, which is as Murdo describes above. As the cars age, it's definitely worth servicing the car on a fixed interval, but it could be that yours is still set to variable interval.
This can easily be changed by a member with VCDS or by Audi themselves.

Cheers,

Tom

Surprising how many cars today still don't tell you this!
The other thing DIS tells you is it flashes a warning on the display when you've driven for 2 hours without a break. It's very concerned for your welfare!

With RNS-E retro-fitted and correctly programmed, you can also get the navigation instructions displayed in the DIS, along with street name and direction heading if you're not in navigation mode, plus track name data from MP3 play-back :)

Hi Guys

Thank you for your speedy replies. I am ever so grateful

I’ve got to stress that this is a fascinating owners club with high level of community spirit; it’s like an encyclopaedia on audi a2’s, wow.

I’ve just seen another a2 tdi sport, 2003 with 94k on clock on ebay but I’m sort of not really too sure of whether I should go down and view the car. The pics in the ad does not look pleasing and also to a certain extent I sort of thing that the seller is being ‘economical with the truth’ sort of speak.

Below is the link

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2003-03-A...2224539?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item43bf4bcc1b

Would appreciate your views and input in regards to this.

Thanks

It's a sport model. There was no S line in the UK. No service history, horrible wheels, needs a new bumper, windscreen badly scratched and the alleged minor car park ding? - the seam on the offside of the bonnet looks uneven and the bonnet isn't seated correctly at the offside headlight. Could be the bonnet is incorrectly fitted or could be there is more damage than meets the eye. The plastic zip tag on the ignition key suggests its been processed through the auctions or the trade recently too. ( that's not necessarily a bad thing)

Wouldn't be 3+ grand of my money. I could be totally wrong though. If you do view it, get an HPi check done and I'd recommend paying for a VCDS scan to verify the mileage if there is no service record.

Last edited:
The eBay seller has only +5 feedback. Honestly, I'd give this one a miss. There are many better ones out there, especially at or around that price. A little over £3K got me a mint '04 FSi SE. TDis tend to cost more than petrol, however.

I think the wheels look like Golf Mk3 GTi alloys
They can be sorted relatively easily. The bodywork less so

Looks like a fair price if its fixed, but its £400 worth of work. As is, £2300

Back