Hi newie here

Daveangel09

A2OC Donor
Hi all,

Just put a deposit down on an A2 so I'd better introduce myself. I'm Dave from Hereford just in the process of buying a 1.4tdi sport. It's in generally good condition but I'd like to really bring it back to its former glory so i will be asking all you seasoned A2owners many questions. Most of the points I want to address I'm competent with but there's a couple of things I will need some advice on.

Some of the buttons have worn through the black finish.

And also there's a couple of marks on the leather, does anyone know if there is a recommended kit to revamp the red leather interior.

Thanks - Dave

A warm welcome to A2 ownership.

Your question was covered recently so you are in luck:

http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?23067-Leather-dye&highlight=leather

Most things have been covered before to varying detail. Feel free to ask questions and there's usually someone to help out, however whilst getting to know the forum I'd recommend trying the search facility as well.

Click on 'Advanced Search' in the top title bar, then in the next window type your search word ( 4 or more characters) where it asks you to then select the adjacent drop down box and enter 'search titles only'

Good way of getting to know the A2 and your car. Overall the TDi a very reliable wee bus although there are a few common niggles especially as the wee beastie ages gracefully.

Enjoy the car and the forum.

Hi all,

Just put a deposit down on an A2 so I'd better introduce myself. I'm Dave from Hereford just in the process of buying a 1.4tdi sport. It's in generally good condition but I'd like to really bring it back to its former glory so i will be asking all you seasoned A2owners many questions. Most of the points I want to address I'm competent with but there's a couple of things I will need some advice on.

And also there's a couple of marks on the leather, does anyone know if there is a recommended kit to revamp the red leather interior.

Thanks - Dave

Welcome to the forum.

Great choice of car, you won't be sorry you bought an A2!!!
this is a very friendly forum and there is a LOT of knowledge and many tips.

Enjoy

Steve B
(an ordinary, but happy, member!)

Thanks all for the speedy replies! I will have a good read through the various threads and will try and get some pics up soon

Here's some pics of the car

null_zpse1da50cb.jpg

null_zps533d703a.jpg

null_zpsa32c8efa.jpg

null_zps285fd63c.jpg

null_zpsfb344ce2.jpg

Hi all,

Thanks - Dave

Hi Dave - I am new too, I have not introduced my self to every one as I started a help thread instead, my car has lot's of issues which I wish to sort – anyway I am very envious of your interior, which looks stunning especially when you have finished touching it up.
For my buttons I bought some cheap stickers off fleabay which just stick over the old and I also got some black paint to touch up the window buttons (they unfortunately did not do a full set)
I could not tell if your car was black or v dark blue – my car is the latter but you can only tell in strong light, also do you know if your car has had it’s cam belt done / what mileage is it at – mine has just passed the 100k

Matt

For my buttons I bought some cheap stickers off fleabay
Matt

Hi Matt,

I was wondering if those stickers would be any good, do they have a cut out to allow the light through for the illumination?

Do they look OK??

Cheers
Steve B

I have found the window stickers on German eBay they come in a pack of 4 in case you have rear power windows - which I don't :( don't know if they are the ones where the light shines through but I've bought ones for the cd player and the light does shine through. Mine has just over 80k on the clock and the cambelt was done at 71

Whereas a new climate control panel / CD player is very expensive for the sake of a few worn buttons, new window switches aren't particularly expensive.

Whereas a new climate control panel / CD player is very expensive for the sake of a few worn buttons, new window switches aren't particularly expensive.

By the way, there is a CC control panel on eBay for £65 ish (I think) for anyone desperate to have their buttons looking right!!!

Steve B

Mine doesn't have cc just the dials with econ? But luckily this panel is good. It's just the fm button and the one below it on the concert player and then the drivers window button. I will have to look see how much I can get a mint pair of buttons for

Mine doesn't have cc just the dials with econ?

These tend to stay good, mine have got no wear, unlike my window switches.

p.s. econ isn't for air conditioning, its for disabling the auxiliary heater in cold weather to save money. Just in case that needed clearing up.

Cheers

Hi Matt,

I was wondering if those stickers would be any good, do they have a cut out to allow the light through for the illumination?

Do they look OK??

Cheers
Steve B

Hi Steve - these are the ones I got
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-A2-c...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item19e2488650
light does show through - but as yet I have not had time to put them on as I have been to busy servicing the car - so I can not tell you how good, but they look good, just depends on if the sticker is the right size - hopefully I will get time at the weekend!

Hi Steve - these are the ones I got
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-A2-c...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item19e2488650
light does show through - but as yet I have not had time to put them on as I have been to busy servicing the car - so I can not tell you how good, but they look good, just depends on if the sticker is the right size - hopefully I will get time at the weekend!

Hi,

Thanks, I have ordered that set and a different set from another seller, so I will compare them and let you know if one is better than the other.

Steve B

as I am trying to fix a few problems on my car I was wondering if anyone could answer a question while you look around your new cars -
on the dash does the display show the open door symbol when the back doors are opened + the boot? (as mine does not)
does the interior light come on with the back doors?
also on the drivers door there is a open door button above the key button - when you press the open door button are any clicks heard? (as mine does not appear to do anything!)

great - they are so cheap it can not be bad - mine look good, I will be interested in what yours are like?

HI,

I bought two different sets and the other one is different to the ones you bought and to be honest MUCH better.
The "fan" graphic is much better and the transparency of the function icons is much better.

So I would recommend item number 271295362845 if you plan on buying stickers for the CC buttons.

I will try to take photos for comparison, but as I say, 271295362845 is the one I would recommend.

delivery was a little slow, but "cheap as chips".

Steve B

Back