HID kits on ebay

Photos show how good they can be

Hi,
This is a subject covered at some length. I do not know about the kit you are looking at but I took the plunge and bought a kit off ebay (details in the thread) I decided to try and get a view of how much of an improvement I got by taking photos before and after ......

http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?t=5140&highlight=bluevision&page=6

We are delighted with the results - the kit I got was OK to fit - Thank You Mike :D and even my wife is delighted with the money spent :eek:

We are delighted with the results - the kit I got was OK to fit - Thank You Mike :D and even my wife is delighted with the money spent :eek:

You're very welcome Tony.

Yes, if you want any fitting advice, or indeed, want me to fit the kit, as I did for Tony, you are very welcome.

The main thing to remember is warranty and current draw - if ballasts fail (which they can do in the first few weeks), then you need to be sure that the ballast can be swapped out at no charge. Also, you need to be sure that the current drain will not cause wiring problems. I have equipment to test this on each ballast, so you can be sure that the wiring won't melt!

If you are going to fit HIDs, then it makes sense to fit LED sidelights too, otherwise, the originals will look yellow and 'orrible! I think the concensus is that Autobulbs direct do the best ones, but I'm sure that others will be along to confirm or deny this.

Cheers,

Mike

Last edited:
I like many before have also gone down this route, they look great next to the HID Kit which means we can see where we are going ;)

Many thanks for all your advice on these.

According to garb in the ad they come with full 12 month warranty and rated at 35 watt

i,ve been reading a little more it says in the ad that "all kits carry E24 mark and ISO90001:2000 so comply with all EU countrys".

Now im sure ive read on here some where that theres no such thing or are these things now been tested and certifed.

Back