HID Projectors

Skipton01

Admin Team
As some of you may know and other will have seen, I have slowly been adapting the A2 headlamps for use with daytime running lights and HID bulbs.

I am now getting around to fitting bi-xenon projectors in the headlamp shells, to give a much better cut-off, with no scatter and to maximise the amount of light on the road.

I am using a pair of Valeo bi-xenon projectors, sourced from an A4. A few photos of the progress are below.

DSC_2771.jpg

DSC_2770.jpg

I hope to have these finished for Castle Combe.

Cheers,

Mike

Wow.. big pics!

Looking good Mike, thanks for the info in your PM - I have a used cluster that I removed due to a crack caused by a stone impact so will 'experiment' with that first!

Ian

Some more photos for your delictation:

Lights01.jpg

Above shows the light thrown by my daytime running lights on the garage, about 20 feet away

Lights02.jpg

This shows the light from my nearside xenon - 8k H7 based bulb in the standard reflector - note the lack of a cut-off to the beam.

Lights03.jpg

This is the light from my offside bi-xenon projector 4100k bulb, slightly rotated. Note the sharp cut-off and well defined blue band.

Lights04.jpg

This is a view from the front. Notice the lack of glare, which is the main reason so many retro-fit kits cause anger amongst on-coming drivers and they are, strictly speaking, illegal.

Once I've rotated the existing projector and fitted the second one, Tank will have the best lighting available today. Driving with true xenons at night is so much easier than with halogens too.

As always, none of the photos have been retouched.

Cheers,

Mike

Yet again another perfect and OEM looking modification Mike. It looks great, the light emission is very impressive and you have even managed to avoid dazzling oncoming traffic as well!!

Are there no end to your talents... on second thoughts don't answer that!! :eek:

Cheers,

Darren

If anyone wants to 'have a go' and copy Mikes achievements I have 2 A4 spare headlamp units available if you're interested, from a B6 type which are the projector types.
cheers
Mike

If anyone wants to 'have a go' and copy Mikes achievements I have 2 A4 spare headlamp units available if you're interested, from a B6 type which are the projector types.
cheers
Mike
I thought that you were going to do this on the A4 Mike - have you decided against it?

Cheers,

Mike

Mike I will be once it starts getting dark earlier, like next month, don't forget My A4 already has projector lights fitted, one of the many things on the list like Skipton cruise special! Koni FSD's & new springs, MF Steering wheel, body colouring lower trim bits, fitting RS4 door flares daytime running lights sadly not A6 style like yours, etc etc,
Mike

Back