Highest original gadget/option A2

A

AMG

Hi all. Seems like there is an interest of knowing which car has the highest list of original options. Be it add-ons or bought with.

Here is our A2:D:
12/2003, TDI, 90 PS, +-55000 kms.

S-Line Sport pack plus, Accoustic parking system, Alarm system, DIS/FIS, Outside mirrors and door handles painted, 4 electric windows, Cruise control, Airconditionning, sport steering wheel leather, lighted make-up mirrors, Navigation plus (RNS-D), Böse audio, telephone, fog lights, Opensky, 17' Alu wheels, 6 CD changer, sideguard airbag, sport seats front, heated seats, winterpack, double layer boot and holding net. Not original but installed: Central armrest;).

DJ.

Nice thread AMG, and compliments on a lovely car. I shoulda thought of this one myself! Lets hear about all those A2's out there with lots of toys. Only trouble is they will be the owners pride and joy and I wont be able to tempt anyone to sell to me :) Be great to hear about what owners have chosen for their cars and if they bought new or used etc. I think I read on here somewhere that a UK owner chose every available option resulting in an 'On the Road' price well over 20 grand :eek: is this car in the A2OC ranks I wonder?

My signature lists the options on my car. Not as extensive as AMG's but they still must have cost a few pounds over the standard car's price!

Err ....yep that was me asking who has top spec'd A2 on the Chat screen.
Thought it might have been Mikes (Skipton's) :D

Anyway My brother ordered a second A2 'fully loaded', just had the RNS-E fitted afterwards, as when he ordered his A2, he was told that the latest version, the 'E' wasn't available but was coming, he had a Symphony II fitted at the factory and then got a RNS-E fitted at a later date, with a few other extras I recall him paying in region of £20k.

Sad thing is he had nothing but juddering clutch problems with it, and went in/out dealers several times in a few weeks and he returned it, and got an A4 Cabriolet instead.

SARGE

Trouble is that some items were standard on UK cars and vice versa. Mine is a sport which in the UK have DIS as standard along with many other items listed as options by AMG.

Quote: posted bySarge786. Err ....yep that was me asking who has top spec'd A2 on the Chat screen

Oops! :eek:Didnt see you opening that debate - I dont pay much attention to the chat room. Good one anyway! What is RNS-E? Forgive my newbie lack of knowledge, I know its the stereo but what does this have that concert and symphony do not?

Last edited:
Sarge786 : Err ....yep that was me asking who has top spec'd A2 on the Chat screen.

Oops! :eek:Didnt see you opening that debate - I dont pay much attention to the chat room. Good one anyway! What is RNS-E? Forgive my newbie lack of knowledge, I know its the stereo but what does this have that concert and symphony do not?

It's the double din Stereo/ Satellite Navigation unit with a big screen, here's a pic attached.

Sarge

RNS-D was an option for the A2. This was the CD based sat nav system with the big screen etc.
RNS-E is the DVD sat nav system. This was never offered as a factory option on the A2 I believe, but an A6 unit can be retrofitted with a bit of work.

Others on the forum have done this and will be able to give more advice if need be.

RNS-D was an option for the A2. This was the CD based sat nav system with the big screen etc.
RNS-E is the DVD sat nav system. This was never offered as a factory option on the A2 I believe, but an A6 unit can be retrofitted with a bit of work.

Others on the forum have done this and will be able to give more advice if need be.

Maybe wrong (proberbly) but I thought it was a A4 RNS-E unit that goes straight into the A2 :confused:

No, the ONLY RNS-E that works in the A2 (they can all be made to fit) is the old style A6, as it is the only version that uses speed over GALA as opposed to speed over CAN.

I have it fitted, along with a few other club members. Take a look at my sig for more - I have pretty much all the original factory options, bar a towbar, plus many others (RNS-E plus BT phone, tv tuner, comfort lighting inside and out, R8/TT sports multifunction steering wheel, armrest, bi-xenon headlamps and S6 daytime running lights with dynamic self levelling and headlamp washers, S-style exterior mirrors and many more). So, at the risk of upsetting Emm, I probably do have the highest specced A2 in the UK, if not the world.

Cheers,

Mike

No, the ONLY RNS-E that works in the A2 (they can all be made to fit) is the old style A6, as it is the only version that uses speed over GALA as opposed to speed over CAN.

I have it fitted, along with a few other club members. Take a look at my sig for more - I have pretty much all the original factory options, bar a towbar, plus many others (RNS-E plus BT phone, tv tuner, comfort lighting inside and out, R8/TT sports multifunction steering wheel, armrest, bi-xenon headlamps and S6 daytime running lights with dynamic self levelling and headlamp washers, S-style exterior mirrors and many more). So, at the risk of upsetting Emm, I probably do have the highest specced A2 in the UK, if not the world.

Cheers,

Mike

Wanna swap? ...LOL :D

So, at the risk of upsetting Emm, I probably do have the highest specced A2 in the UK...
:D

My A2 is reasonably well specced - see sig. It allegedly first belonged to a Audi dealers daughter and I have yet to fit a rear cup holder and floppy wiper (both gathering dust). I also would like to upgrade to Koni FSDs and new springs this year. :)

Talking of which, I was trying to show off my headlight washers to Sarge the other day (he is a nice guy BTW) and they did not work, despite me trying the five times - do they only work when moving?

Last edited:
:D

My A2 is reasonably well specced - see sig. It allegedly first belonged to a Audi dealers daughter and I have yet to fit a rear cup holder and floppy wiper (both gathering dust). I also would like to upgrade to Koni FSDs and new springs this year. :)

Talking of which, I was trying to show off my headlight washers to Sarge the other day (he is a nice guy BTW) and they did not work, despite me trying the five times - do they only work when moving?

Forgot to add the rear cupholder, front handbrake tray and Audi torch in place of the cigarette lighter!

To spray the headlights, the headlights must be on (not sidelights) and you should pull the wiper stalk back and hold it back for greater than 1 second to actuate the bumper pressure units. You don;t need to be travelling.

Cheers,

Mike

PS I've just gone through the pricelist for my model year (2005) and I've NOT got:

'Load safety system' - the elastic band at the back of the boot.
'Sideguard' - the side head airbags
'Space floor box' - apparently, can't be used with sport seats.
'Towbar' - er, what it says!

That;s it though, I have everything else (or the top of a particular range of options, audio for example) possible to order. Not feeling the absolute urge to have a rear footwell tidy, a boot mounted elastic band or a towbar, I can't see me 'upgrading' to a fuller spec anytime soon!

Hi. Thanks Murdo. Just took Sarge786 words and transcribed them on this thread. Not entirely my idea. It would be nice if we could put this info on a spreadsheet type of form with dots/Xs/or whatever in front of the option for each of us. That way it will be easier to view.
What do you think? Ideas?

See you, DJ

...I've NOT got:
'Load safety system' - the elastic band at the back of the boot.
'Sideguard' - the side head airbags
'Space floor box' - apparently, can't be used with sport seats.
'Towbar' - er, what it says!

And the Audi body kit? ;-)

It is a matter of personal taste though.

The body kit was not an option at the point of ordering for the A2, always an afterthought, which is why I didn't include it in the list.

I'm not a lover of the kit anyway and really, it doesn't actually fit that well. Driveforward did an absolutely sterling job of fitting his, but still there are gaps everywhere. Not his fault, but the fault of the parts.

Unless they were helium filled, there is little point in adding them, as they add weight and don't help with aerodynamics.

Cheers,

Mike

Our A2 is quite well spec'd

Only thing that is missing that I would really like is Xenons!!!!

Otherwise all my other requirements are filled See sig.

So, at the risk of upsetting Emm, I probably do have the highest specced A2 in the UK, if not the world.

Cheers,

Mike

Lol

Don't you mean the Universe?:D

I love these discussions, they are great fun to read:D

Back