Horsepower and Kilowatts

Hello Geth,

There are various different power outputs in the A2 range: 60PS, 75PS, 90PS and 110PS. PS is the German version of horsepower and is virtually identical to a BHP figure.

These relate to the 1.2TDi, 1.4 diesel and petrol models, 1.4TDi (ATL engine) and the 1.6FSi.

The kilowatt equivalents are:45kW, 55kW, 66kW and 81kW.

Hope this clears matters up.

Cheers,

Mike

55 kW = 75 bhp
66 kW = 90 bhp

KW x 1.341 = BHP

Ah! Sniped by Spike :)

Last edited:
The 1.2 TDI has not 60 but 61 BHP :D
http://www.audia2museum.de/4.html

And I think the point is: There is the normal 1.4 TDI with 75 BHP and the 90 BHP version (from 2004 and newer). But this is also a 1.4TDI.

Yes, I know, but I was rounding things off - sorry to emasculate all you 1.2 owners.

Erstens, I was trying to make this easy to understand for the OP: if it's a 1.4 engine, whether petrol or diesel, it'll be 75PS (55kW) with the only exception being the relatively rare ATL-engined diesel, which is known as the 90PS (66kW). The 1.2TDi is 61PS (45kW) and the 1.6FSi is 110PS (88kW).

For any unit conversion, Google does a good job, just type in the units you want to convert.

Cheers,

Mike

I know we are only talking tiny differences here but these are the conversion factors we use at work
PS divided by 1.014 = BHP
BHP multiplied by .746 = KW
May be handy for the pub quiz if nothing else

Cheers Spike

I know we are only talking tiny differences here but these are the conversion factors we use at work
PS divided by 1.014 = BHP
BHP multiplied by .746 = KW
May be handy for the pub quiz if nothing else

Cheers Spike
Interesting. I only know the PS and that is kWx1,36

But 90PS is 66kW, that is right. But maybe slidely diffenrent in BHP then.

100PS is 74kW and so on...

Last edited:
Wonder how long it'll be before we have metric time: 10 months in a year, 10 days in a week etc.

Now that would be confusing!

Cheers,

Mike

Back