House Numbers and Post Code in SatNav+?

Status
Not open for further replies.

YipYazoo

Hello All;

Just got my new X-Reg (2001) Audi A2 1.4 SE with SatNav+.

In the deal, I got a new UK & Ireland 2004DX Tele Atlas CD-ROM (PN: ZGB0000 51 200GB), which supposedly includes house numbers and post codes. Problem is I can't seem to select these features (i.e. House Number feature is "ghosted" and can't find postcode feature) from the SatNav+.

I have the SatNav+ Quick Guide, but not the full manual (which I suppose I now have to order), and haven't found anything obvious going through the various SatNav+ on-screen menus.

Help!

YipYazoo

On my CD´s (Germany 2002 and Scandinavia 2002) Housenumbers are not availiable on all streets and in all towns. Sometimes they are there, sometimes not... Postcodes are not availiable here...

Bye, Frido.

----
[img=left]http://homepage.mac.com/frido/a2pic.gif[/img=left]
A2 1.4 TDI 2003 S-Line, cobalt blue, CC, DIS, SatNav+, TV, Apple iPod
now parents' car: A2 1.2 TDI 2002 silver, CC, DIS
My A2OC pics Homepage

The postcode 'feature' is just selected by entering the postcode in the same way as you enter a City name. Its just speeds things up.

e.g. GU1 rather than GUILDFORD. How much of the postcode you can enter depends on where it is. Note that entering the (partial) postcode only speeds up the City part of the selection. You still have to enter the street name etc...

Having found the street you want, you 'may' find that you can select a house number RANGE.

Its all down to the limitations of the CD format.

Dave

1.6SE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back