How do you know you have a flat tyre

Rich.

A2OC Donor
I know this may be a silly question but I didn't notice till after a mile or a couple of miles that mine was flat and it would of saved some money if i'd spotted it earlier. As the tyres only a few months old and is now scrap :mad:

I Once had a blowout at 80Mph on the motorway in a Vauxhaul Nova and i did not realize what it was the steering fealt a little strange and there was a weird noise so i managed to drive the car under control onto the hard shoulder ,by the time i managed to stop the tyre was completly shredded .....;)

You also won't get any feedback through the car on that side (ie you wont feel the bumps) thats if you own a Sport model.

I can generally tell when I have under inflated tyres on a car by the lack of feedback. Its difficult to describe but if you run over a drain or a crease in the tarmac that you would/should have felt, you just don't get the feeling through the steering or seat if the tyres are under inflated or flat. But this doesn't help if you find this out 2 miles down the road!!

Mine had a flat on the front and the traction control light kept flashing on on the sharper bends which gave me enough time to save the tyre.

Exactly what I was going to say - traction control lights flash and it's compressor time, no other reason as I drive so sensibly at all other times ;)
And then you have to try to get the compressor wires back in the box!

Back