How long can well looked after diesel a2's live for?

2a2

Hi all,
New to the a2 game - aquired a good eaxample of 1.6 FSI sport with low miles well looked after - seems cracking car - should have converted yrs ago !
Not to impressed yet on the mpg - get about 36 averaged on a 400mile run after collecting. Is this par for the course ??
Main question is really about diesel engines - How long can well maintained TDI's run for ??
I have a family friend offering me theres with 140k on the clock with full audi serv history and long life servicing to date with no documented problems so far and 2 replaced cambelts at 60k and 120k with full service just recent and nil probs.
Do any of you have experience with long lifers ??
We intend to use for a good 70-80k miles.
Also do the Turbos go on these vehicles b4 the engine ??
I understand all comes down to how looked after and serviced and driven - this is a good example and keen on your opinions.
Many thanx and look fwd 2 hearing your thoughts.

Nick

Hi there!

to be fair any well maintained car will serve out a long life, but not forget the way its driven also has an impact on its future reliability. I have known car to go bang at 50k miles and others to soldier on to way over 150k.

The diesel engine is a good little soldier though!

Hi all,
New to the a2 game - aquired a good eaxample of 1.6 FSI sport with low miles well looked after - seems cracking car - should have converted yrs ago !
Not to impressed yet on the mpg - get about 36 averaged on a 400mile run after collecting. Is this par for the course ??
Main question is really about diesel engines - How long can well maintained TDI's run for ??
I have a family friend offering me theres with 140k on the clock with full audi serv history and long life servicing to date with no documented problems so far and 2 replaced cambelts at 60k and 120k with full service just recent and nil probs.
Do any of you have experience with long lifers ??
We intend to use for a good 70-80k miles.
Also do the Turbos go on these vehicles b4 the engine ??
I understand all comes down to how looked after and serviced and driven - this is a good example and keen on your opinions.
Many thanx and look fwd 2 hearing your thoughts.

Nick

ive seen one go upto 149000k miles once with no problems

My A2 TDI 2001 has done 159000, and still drives lovely, needing only a cup full of oil every 6 months or so..

Mines just turned 162K but does use a little more oil than that - maybe a litre every 6 months....

Paddy

Mines sitting just under 180k with what looks like a dodgy ABS module no other probs though and drives well enough:)

Back