how many of these white A2's were sold?

wildatheart

Hiya,

I have just bought my wife a lovely white 1.4 TDI Sport; I know only 34 were sold in white, but can somebody here narrow it down further by telling me how many were sold with OpenSky and yellow leather? Many thanks!

Last edited:
Welcome to the fold, I imagine you have a unique spec on your car. There was one similar referred to on the forum recently whch a member had seen advertised, suspect it's the car you have just aquired!

As I recall, that one was not just white, but pearlescent white, colour to order, which probably makes it unique.

I have yet to see a white one, of any description.

Well remembered..! However the car is indeed a normal white and was clarified to be thus prior to the sale. The 'pearlescent' was a mistake by the seller's Audi dealer.

Hiya,

I have just bought my wife a lovely white 1.4 TDI Sport; I know only 34 were sold in white, but can somebody here narrow it down further by telling me how many were sold with OpenSky and yellow leather? Many thanks!

is that the J15 RLY car?

I was looking to buy the same one, how much did u buy it for, i remember it ending without the reserve being met

I know only 34 were sold in white, but can somebody here narrow it down further by telling me how many were sold with OpenSky and yellow leather?

Hi wildatheart

I can't answer your specific question about OpenSky and leather but can provide a breakdown by model, engine size and year. There is an obvious error with one of the A1s (1984 and 2144 cc!) but otherwise there is a bit of a spread across the range. As before, stats are to Sept 2005 so a few more might have been sold in 2006.

I Think thats the car which was for sale on ebay
and then on piston heads
nice looking car though very different example .....

Many thanks for the responses; it is indeed the (pictured) car that was on eBay; I suspect that the Pistonheads ad was a scam, where someone using the same pictures did not actually have the car for sale. I was the highest bidder and I have paid a deposit but not yet collected the car, so the whole thing may yet fail; however the seller seems very straightforward and kosher.

To Alan_UK; many thanks for the stats. Only 2 TDI sports in white... So it seems more than likely this particular spec will be unique. To ULP; the car will be living in Scotland, so I am not too worried about the heat..!

I'll be report back when -hopefully- the sale completes.

Thanks again.

Back