How to change lightbulb

Jerdagui

Hi there, despite all the posted threads I cannot find any explicit pictures on how to change a headlight lightbulb. Can someone help me with this ? Thanks !

I don't have pictures or photos, but it's really easy with the right tool - a T30 screwdriver.

1. Remove bonnet
2. Remove 2 screws from the headlamp (short one on the top and a longer one down the side, both T30 torx.
3. Slightly move the headlamp towards the radiator (doesn't matter which side, they both need to be moved sideways by around 2cm).
4. You can then remove the headlamp forwards from the car. Leave the wiring attached.

5. Unclip the metal retainer to allow the rear cover to be removed and then you're in!
6. Depending on the bulb you are changing, proceed as follows:

a. indicator - twist the gray holder and remove bulb
b. side/city light - pull the black plastic stick out, twisting slightly and remove bulb
c. main/hight beam - slightly press the wire retainer and unhook it from the clip. Remove the bulb, then unplug the wire.

d. dipped beam - unplug the black connector by pulling straight back. Then, press down on the wire retainer to unhook it from the clip and swing it out of the way. Remove bulb.

7. Re-assemble in the reverse order, making sure that you clean the bulbs thoroughly, otherwise you may shorten their life, by leaving fingerprints on the glass.

Hope this clears things up a little for you.

Cheers,

Mike

Back