How to fix windscreen wiper arm from scorching windscreen.

Only fixed mine buy buying a New Arm. I believe Depronman ( Paul ) refurbishes Arms back to better than new condition. Maybe ask him if he has one available already refurbished ?

Only fixed mine buy buying a New Arm. I believe Depronman ( Paul ) refurbishes Arms back to better than new condition. Maybe ask him if he has one available already refurbished ?
I have both the Aero wiper arm and the original hook style wiper arms available as refurbished units
They get new ally bronze bushes in the arm ends, stainless steel pins and a full repaint, the Aero one also gets my custom 3D printed cover
Both are on an exchange basis
£30 for the hook style, £40 for the Aero arm (as it includes the cover)

Cheers,
Paul

I used exactly the same fix as Vic. Still good after 8 months and a lot of rain. A 30 second job.

Belt and braces approach is to get one of Pauls @depronman refurb units and apply a small blob of silicone to the rivets facing the windscreen, that way you will never have a problem.

Maybe somebody tried DIY polishing wiper arm scratch on windscreen?

I fixed wiper arm touching the windscreen by bending wiper arm slightly to make gap from windscreen.
the polishing has been tried, but unless its a VERY light scratch there is a significant amount of effort needed to polish glass to the remove the scratch (you have a lot of glass to polish away to dust

Buy a Bosch aero wiper blade. This is about 10mm deeper than the Audi item and thus holds the arm further from the screen. Only a temporary fix, for more permanent resolution Depronman is the answer, but temporary might last a couple of years.

If the arm is making contact with the screen, please do not ignore it. If you are lucky it will only scratch the screen, but very high chance that when you hit a pot hole the arm will bounce hard enough to crack the wind screen. Even with new or @depronman upgraded arm I still run with 2 little blobs of silicone on the rivets to act as cushions between the arm and screen for the inevitable pot hole we have on our well maintained roads.

Part of the problem with worn pivots/rivets is the arm gets nearer to the screen another issue is the blade can move around and therefore the angle of the blade to screen cannot be held at 90 deg hence the blade judders when going one way and will wipe ok ish when going the other way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back