How to take the driver side door apart?

jamjia

Can someone give instructions on how to dismantle the doors and take glass out as I have a lot of broken glass still trapped there. Want to remove the glass myself as garages, audi and autoglass seems to be clueless.

Jia

an idea that might help?

after reading the other thread...

the dude complained about hearing the broken glass rattle when closing the door...

what about squirting into the door section some insulation type stuff that will press against or stick to the glass in the door so as to stop it from rattling?

that way you might not hear the glass anymore?

Hi Spike and Jia,

The only way to get broken glass from the doors is to remove the door from the car, turn it upside down and shake!

Sorry to be a little flippant, but this really is the only way.

Cheers,

Mike

Just a thought but would it not be possible to tape up a length of something like garden hose to the end of a hoover attachment as surely that would be thin and flexible enough to get to the bottom of the door??.

Skipton01 said:
Hi Spike and Jia,

The only way to get broken glass from the doors is to remove the door from the car, turn it upside down and shake!

Sorry to be a little flippant, but this really is the only way.

Cheers,

Mike

Hi Mike,

Was thinking of doing that. Instead of some mechanic charging me £70 I thought I'd give it a shout myself. Also if I turn it upside down and get all the glass to the top of the door, I could use a double twisted piece of galvanised wire to try and hook out some of the glass while they are still all at the top when I turn the door upside down. I have come to realise that no hoover is gonna be able to get in there so its a more labour intensive procedure I think...

Jia

Back