Hybrid power A2

Status
Not open for further replies.

widdy

Anyone fancy one ??

Looks like Audi are looking into producing a Hydbrid power A2 according to this weeks Auto Express Mag.
I think the quoted power output was something like 146 BHP.

Haven't got the mag with me to double check. I will check the info tonight and post up if nobody beats me to it.

03 A2 1.4 TDI Sport (75), Ebony Black, BOSE, and child seat

Wow at 146 bhp will this be the first hybrid car to be less effecient than the regular version! ;)

2004 1.4 TDi (90) SE, Cobalt Blue, Climate control, Cruise control, DIS, Sport seats, Winter pack, Symphony II.

Right, AutoExpress states

There is a battle between Audi & VW to take fuel cell engines to new levels. Audi is using a A2 and VW using a Touran.
The A2 boasts an 147 bhp electric motor which uses compressed hydrogen stored in a tank in the boot. The A2 was unveiled at the Michelin Challenge Bidendum 'future power' event in Shanghai, China. Whilst the Touran is based on there Hy Motion which gives a range of 100 miles and top speed of 87 mph.
These projects are being developed by different teams even though they both belong to the VW group.

Very interesting stuff, could these bring new life into the A2 and avoid Audi pulling the plug on production.?????

03 A2 1.4 TDI Sport (75), Ebony Black, BOSE, and child seat

I don't think it will help with the A2 production, because the whole project is bankrolled in a big way by the german government, and some people at Audi said that they only used an A2 because there is so much space in the underfloor....

Bye, Frido.

----
[img=left]http://homepage.mac.com/frido/a2pic.gif[/img=left]
A2 1.4 TDI 2003 S-Line, cobalt blue, CC, DIS, SatNav+, TV, Apple iPod
now parents' car: A2 1.2 TDI 2002 silver, CC, DIS
My A2OC pics Homepage

Ach! no need to be so sad! Just look at the following the Lancia Fulvia created - I'm sure the A2OC wil out live the production run!

It would be interesting to compare the hybrid with the 1.6FSI and 1.2TDI models to see how efficient the hybrid really is.

ciao

Lukas

First A2 1.2 TDI in UK
Style pack + Chorus + Advance pack + winter wheels + iRiver MP3CD

http://www.audi-a2.co.uk/mar.htm

Both the performance and the fuel economy are helped by the A2's all-aluminium bodyshell, which is therefore very light, if not especially good-looking. !!!!!!!!! what's that about then....

Andrew - 2003 1.4 TDI Silver Climate

Fine but the description of the Special Edition is wrong - we took delivery of one on the 2nd of December!

1.4 Petrol Special Edition, Ebony Black, grey leather, heated seats, climate, opensky, five spoke alloys for SWMBO (Replaced a 2002 1.4 Petrol SE) Honda Accord Tourer 2.2 iCDTi for me.

yeah, next they'll be trying to say the Merc A-class IS good-looking....fools.

2004 1.4 TDi (90) SE, Cobalt Blue, Climate control, Cruise control, DIS, Sport seats, Winter pack, Symphony II.

[37]
Er, look at the new one!

Plink plink (tunes)

There may be trouble ahead................................

NEVER attempt a battle of wits with an unarmed man.
A2 1.4 SE TDI replaced with A3 2.0TDI DSG, the transmission of the future - today.

Yes, I'd agree the new one does look good. I hope they have improved the quality of the interior too.

Apparently so...reviews say it actually now feels like a merc should....

Steve - A couple of A2's, then a Corolla, now a Avensis T3-X 2.0 Auto

...until you play with the centre console between handbrake and gearlever a bit... it can move left and right by an inch!!! Not nice. But the rest of the interior is far better than the current A-class. Saw it at the Paris motorshow in September.

____________________________________________________________________________________
[img=left]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2002-2/11882/a2andme2.gif[/img=left]
2001 A2 TDI SE Crystal Blue with Open Sky, 6CD Symphony II, BOSE upgrade, DIS and HALF a winterpack!

iPAQ 3970 with Sat-Nav sleeve, rear cupholders, luggage net and floppy wiper!

http://www.a2oc.net/pic_show.asp?picid=1572&type=1 On www.A2OC.net pictures UK160 to UK183

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back